Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2008 12:32:44 PM EDT
Anyone know about a High Standard HS15?

I need an anwer quick guys!

My wife is at the gunshop and about to purchase if I can verify it is a decent quality AR.

I'm aboard a ship and can't purchase myself...

I've never heard anything about a high standard AR...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2008 12:41:12 PM EDT by bigsapper]
It's good quality, good price. I've been trying to run down some stripped lowers.

ETA: http://www.highstandard.com/milspecdetail.html

They're manufactured in Houston, TX.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:10:23 PM EDT
Well I hope it was a good decision, but given it was only $950 brand new, and the only other option was a an olyympic arms plinker, this seemed the better option. I wanted the full 20" standard A2 config, and the rest were other configs and closer to 1300-1500.

I read a few reviews on the web and was surprised that I couldn't find more about em on ar15.com...

But I went ahead and pulled the trigger. With my luck I'll read 50 bad reviews tonight...

I would like to hear another experienced or two witth he High Standard...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:41:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bign:
... With my luck I'll read 50 bad reviews tonight...

I doubt it. I've been following/looking at High Standard lowers for about a year now. I've not found anything bad about them but as you noted there's little overall.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:48:20 PM EDT
Bign,  Your wife wasn't at Larry's in Huntsville by any chance was she???  If she was then I was helping her out while she was on the phone with you.  I ended up going with the High Standard as well!!    Small World!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/19/2008 8:21:18 PM EDT by Bign]
No way, that was you?  Sure is a small world!  

I certainly appreciate your help, she might have walked out with a plastic Hesse AR15 if someone wasn't helping out.  She said they were pretty busy in there today...

Man it feels good to finally get an AR, been wanting one forever, when I started looking in 00-01 timeframe, I realized I had to make some of the older WWII guns the priority... So the AR spent several years on the back burner!

So where do you shoot?  I try and stay away from swan creek, I am delinquent member of the B&G down in Guntersville, might have to renew now  haven't been in quite a little while.

By the way what did you think of it when you got home and had a chance to inspect it?  I assume at that price the barrel is not chrome lined, is it?

See ya!

Top Top