BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2006 6:17:41 PM EDT

LOL

32,710 pounds of Fired Brass!

I can afford to buy it.

I just can't afford to move it or store it or figure out what to do with it.

Brass
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be a good price if it also included free shipping.  

TS
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:27:27 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a couple truckloads of brass.   Maybe you could borrow some money to have it moved to a scrap place and sell it to them, and take the net gain and go buy some new ammo.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I am pretty sure you have to put a $25,000 bond down before you can even place a bid and the brass is not to be used for ordinance, recycling only.  There is an "End-Use-Agreement" box in there, I think that is where all the fine print is.  My friend actually went through all the hassle of registering and bidding and the brass went for like $2.00/lb and market was about $0.65/lb
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
do I smell a group buy?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You just had to post this didn't you. I've been waiting weeks for the bidding to start. Though, I'm not reloading.

And by the way, $50 is the minimum bid. It will go for thousands.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
That is 16 TONS[ of brass.  To put that into perspective, 8 Honda CRXs or 5 Mercedes Benzs.  

Do people buy it, slag it, and sell it on the "brass" market.  I don't know what else they make out of brass besides shell casings, light fixtures, and statues.

ETA: Does anyone know how much those ammo cans go for?  I saw a lot of 40 40mm cans and was thinking of picking it up.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top