Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2005 2:06:27 PM EDT
I'm looking at a YHM 2-piece rail in front of an A2 upper on my Colt lightweight. I have a LaRue standard (not cantilevered) mount for my Aimpoint that I want to co- or somewhat-cowitness through the A2 sights.

Does this config currently work for you? I've seen that some YHM rails can drop down a bit from the A3/A4 frame and don't want to make a purchase before knowing some more.

On an A3 upper the Aimpoint is slightly higher up than cowitnessing, but it doesn't really matter.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that the YHM 2-piece doesn't work well with Colt forward handguard rings. Too tight? Not sure.

When I was looking for a 2 piece set for my Colt 9mm I used the Midwest Industries #17C and I'm real happy with them. Very similar to the YHM set.

Check them out here:
bravocompanyusa.com/Page2.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. That set is comparably priced. I appreciate the reply.

I don't want to add weight to it (5.5#) but I need an optic because my eyesight isn't what it used to be. I still don't need glasses but I can't read highway signs from a mile away anymore either.

Anyone else have any luck with the YHM on the colt carbine?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top