Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/15/2011 4:53:01 PM EST
Well? I have the DMR and am trying to decide weather to put another in my other rifle or save a little with the ssa-e.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:04:20 PM EST
DMR has a lighter trigger pull if I remember correctly and is adjustable. I used one on my DM AR. Really light.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:14:17 AM EST
I've got a DMR and an SSA-E, you won't be disappointed with the SSA-E.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:10:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By slipjett:
I've got a DMR and an SSA-E, you won't be disappointed with the SSA-E.

Ok good, tell me about it. I have the DMR set up with @2lb first stage and 10 oz second stage.
Works great for 3-gun, if you need to break that 350-450 yd shot. How does the ssa-e break down? Since this is a "backup" gun I kind of like the idea of no screws or settings that "could" go out. I also like saving $90.00 bucks or so.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:04:45 AM EST
I have the Hi Speed Match (same 1st stage pull weight of the DMR, but, a lighter 2nd stage weight) and a recently installed SSA-E. I have only dry fired the SSA-E at this point and it's fantastic. It by no means comes close to the Hi Speed's "glass rod break" though. As described on Geissele's website - it's right on when they say "candy cane break". In addition, all the adjustments of the Hi Speed series - 1st & 2nd stage weights, sear engagement, and most importantly (for me) overtravel really makes this trigger feel like a super refined unit.

my $0.02

Sakic #19

p.s. I'm definitely not trying to talk you out of the SSA-E. However, you don't want to have the expectations that you'll have a Hi Speed trigger feel for $80.00 less - because, you won't.
Top Top