Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2003 2:34:21 AM EDT
Thinking of the aimpoint for an M4 project and would like to get an idea of the "magnification in the 2x model. If anyone has a picture through the optic please post it or point me in the direction of a link where I can find one.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:31:23 PM EDT
The issue is not the magnification its the ridiculously narrow FOV and the tunnel effect which can only be appreciated first hand.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:43:30 PM EDT
Hey dev when did you get back here?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:54:31 PM EDT
Yea I know the aimpoint isn't the best option for certain applications but I'm building my M4 in .22LR and can't see spending the money for an ACOG. They are sweet but I really don't need it. Similary this weapon's practical use range will be less than 100yrds and likely less than 50 most of the time. It's just a "fun" rig the wife and older kids can learn on. Oh yea and I can have fun with too. Definitely not a combat, self defence type thing. I don't even think I can use it in tactical shoots as they usually require center fire and my varminter is kind of long for that. Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'll have to find one, try it and see. I suppose having an ACOG around wouldn't be a bad thing...
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:03:34 AM EDT
Dont sell the 1X Aimpoint short, its an excellent sight. The 2X just sucks in comparison IMHO.
Top Top