Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 3:58:08 PM EDT
Figures I'd get into this board just as the "Search" function is being revamped.  If this is a topic that has been beaten to death sometime in relatively recent history, I apologise, but here goes:

Now that my Bushie M4gery is settled in to my home, I am beginning to see the vague outline of either an Armalite AR-10(T) or a standard AR-10A4 in the future.  This rifle seems the type where the optic can make or break the experience.  I am less of a "sniper wannabe" and more of a "DMR wannabe", so I am hoping for something of a "general purpose" scope that allows the rifle to be used both in CQB and at range.  The combination of a 5.5x50 tritium illuminated scope with Trijicon's BAC system seems basically perfect.....on paper.

Soooo, does ANYONE on this board have any real experience with this scope.  Specifically, I am curious if the extra mass/size of the objective lens interferes with the BAC function.

B:)
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the TA55a for over a year now.  I sampled the TA55 at the SHOT show in Vegas and I was duly impressed.  I can't wait to get one for my HK91.

As far as I know the TA55a isn't released yet and is still listed as "backordered" on the Trijicon website.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Great advise by Wes@MSTN, you will definitely be much happier with the TA11.  

Matter of fact, Wes had some TA55 in stock back about a month or so ago, i don't know what is his status on those at this time. I think you should follow Wes' advise and go with the TA11 for your rifle.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you, Wes and SMGLee for your input.  As I said, this rifle will probably not happen until next year, but if it does I will have MSTN first on my shopping list for the scope when it does.  

I guess I was hoping for a scope that did "everything", and I didn't even stop to consider the weight.  I am still hoping for the higher magnification, so I guess I need to actually get my hands on the scope at a gun show or store and see if the increased weight is something I can put up with.

Gee, it would be nice if they made the TA31 series with a .308 reticle.
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top