Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/9/2005 10:51:33 AM EDT
I just can't seem to get this comfortable. If people are using something to solve this, I'd like to get in on it.

Thanks,

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:05:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By fargo007:
I just can't seem to get this comfortable. If people are using something to solve this, I'd like to get in on it.

Thanks,

--Fargo007

Sounds like you have a scope mounted. Rings on the reciever?
Look at ARMS Swan sleve or gg&g scout rail. These mount and become the top of your reciever, extended. [Med.] rings then go anywhere on the longer rail. One piece mounts also exist if you know exactly what dimension you need, this is even better.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:01:10 PM EDT
The cheapest way would be to get a rail extension from YHM. It'll extend the rail by either 5 or 7 inches, depending on which one you get. It is also a half inch higher than the receiver rails, so keep that in mind when you shop for rings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:12:12 PM EDT
I needed an ARMS #36 S-EX rail (that's Super-EXxtended, get your mind out of the gutter). The receiver is just too short for me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:41:01 PM EDT
I just ordered a GG&G GS-1 rail which extens forward 3 inches and is 1/2 inch tall. I'm hoping to get it on Monday from the UPS man. I measured things out and 3 inches was just perfect for me. I was also looking at the YHM rail but the GG&G looks like it will be perfect. I can't wait to find out.

GG&G GS-1 Rail
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:12:05 PM EDT
These are all great ideas. Thanks bros. I mainly wanted to know that I wasn't smokin' crack not being able to get the damn thing right.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:26:41 AM EDT
So to match up rings to an elevated base, should I calculate based on standard 1.4 inch above rail sighting plane of an AR:

Rail Height usually half inch plus half the diameter of scope.

Minus 1.4 inches equals needed height of ring?

Top Top