Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2005 10:51:33 AM EDT
I just can't seem to get this comfortable.  If people are using something to solve this, I'd like to get in on it.

Thanks,

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just can't seem to get this comfortable.  If people are using something to solve this, I'd like to get in on it.

Thanks,

--Fargo007

Sounds like you have a scope mounted. Rings on the reciever?
Look at ARMS Swan sleve or gg&g scout rail. These mount and become the top of your reciever, extended. [Med.] rings then go anywhere on the longer rail. One piece mounts also exist if you know exactly what dimension you need, this is even better.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The cheapest way would be to get a rail extension from YHM. It'll extend the rail by either 5 or 7 inches, depending on which one you get. It is also a half inch higher than the receiver rails, so keep that in mind when you shop for rings.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I needed an ARMS #36 S-EX rail (that's Super-EXxtended, get your mind out of the gutter).  The receiver is just too short for me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered a GG&G GS-1 rail which extens forward 3 inches and is 1/2 inch tall.  I'm hoping to get it on Monday from the UPS man.  I measured things out and 3 inches was just perfect for me.  I was also looking at the YHM rail but the GG&G looks like it will be perfect.  I can't wait to find out.

GG&G GS-1 Rail
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
These are all great ideas.  Thanks bros.  I mainly wanted to know that I wasn't smokin' crack not being able to get the damn thing right.

--Fargo007
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#6]
So to match up rings to an elevated base, should I calculate based on standard 1.4 inch above rail sighting plane of an AR:

Rail Height usually half inch plus half the diameter of scope.

Minus 1.4 inches equals needed height of ring?

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top