BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 9:53:18 AM EDT
I moved this from general forum...

Hello all-

I just got my first Bushmaster - XM15 E2S M4. I broke it in Friday night with 200 rounds. There is no way that I can afford a ACOG. I saw the Hakko at the shop and can get one for aroun $185 USD.

Any know anything about them?

Thanks for replying.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a good general purpose shooting and rnage sight, it will not take the abuse like the mil-spec sight on the market.  

Another good choice for the price is an OKO and also the Bushnell Holosight.  I think Bushnell is the better of the three choice.  

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the Bed 35.  It's mounted on my Ruger 454 Casull.  It replaced the Leupold variable scope.  I had my doubts, but it's holding up well.  It came without a battery and the front mounting screw stipped out when I tightened it up.  Maybe I was a little overboard, but it is on a 454.  I emailed direct to Hakko Japan with some suggestions.  They sent a battery and replaced the screw.  Very good customer service should count for something.  They actually sent the parts from Japan.  Cost more than the parts were worth.  Check out the web site.  Hakko has a long history of producing quality optics.  That said, I'm still going with the Eotech 512 for my new Bushmaster.  The Hakko can be had for under $200, but the Eotech sure looks a lot more durable.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, is Eotech the same as HOLOsight?

Look at this link, I am confused now ---

http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/Eotech/body_eotech.html

Also, I could not find a model 512, just 510 and 520.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#4]
$185 is a very good price for the Hakko. I have two of them and might be getting another one.

One is on my Bushmaster and the other on my Ruger MKII Gov't.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hmmm, is Eotech the same as HOLOsight?

Look at this link, I am confused now ---

http://www.arizonagunrunners.com/Products/Eotech/body_eotech.html

Also, I could not find a model 512, just 510 and 520.
View Quote

500 series which is the civilain model, it is slao sold under the Bushnell banner is the basic model. it only come with the hex screw, and it has a build in auto shut down of 8 hours.

510 series is the tactical model which has a protective hood, thumb screw, a bit different electronics and it has a programable auto shut off of 4 or 8 hours depends on the switch you hit when you trn it on.

550 series is the military model, it is the 510 series plus it has the new upgraded rubberized buttons, NV compatible, and it is dive capabile to 33 ft for 24 hours and 66 ft for a undisclosed period.

510 is a modle line, it contains the 511 and the 512.  550 series contain the 551 and the 552.  the last number denotes the battery style, 1 is for N size and the 2 is for AA size.

Hope this helps.

Seabrook, I have an used by in excellent like new condition EOTech 511 for sale, would you be interested for 250 shipped??  This sight has only been mounted on a SR25k for pictures it has never used in field.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]

>>$185 is a very good price for the Hakko<<

Who's got them for that price??
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
RUT---you can get them new on ebay---i have 2 and just ordered another---they are great scopes!!!   JIMBO
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Jimbo-- Thanks for the tip... I'll keep an eye out. I've been considering one of these guys for my AK! :-)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top