Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 7:47:48 PM EDT
Specifically the stuff in sealed cans (840rds) in bandoleers on stripper clips?
TIA
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My order just showed up.  All I can say so far is its "purdy".
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My order just showed up.  All I can say so far is its "purdy".

Anything interesting on the headstamp?  Curious who made it and how long ago...
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine showed up Monday. Its Lake City headstamped and year 2002. Looks great and the can was still sealed with the metal US/LC tag.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Rules of Project Mayhem
Rule #1) We do not talk about Ammoman's source for this ammo.
Rule #2) We do not talk about Ammoman's source for this ammo.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Shot some this morning. It shoots great in both my Varminter and Bushy 16 inch.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Just got a case.
headstamp.
Bad news: Can't get to the range until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mine showed up Monday. Its Lake City headstamped and year 2002. Looks great and the can was still sealed with the metal US/LC tag.

Funny mine has WCC 04 with a circle with a cross through it?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Did the cans themselves have any markings on them?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I've shot a couple of thousand rounds of this so far. LC 01 on mine. Shoots great! Wish I could afford some more. It won't last much longer. Tom
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny mine has WCC 04 with a circle with a cross through it?

WCC = Western Cartridge Company (No longer in business under that name, now operating under the Winchester name, who still uses the headstamp). The circle w/ cross is the NATO symbol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Specifically the stuff in sealed cans (840rds) in bandoleers on stripper clips?
TIA

Did the ammo cans have any markings on them?  Its a really simple question I cannot get a answer to.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:18:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine had no marking. Bought it last week. It only had the tag with the US/LC on it. Something was blacked out with a marker also on each of the individual boxes of ammo.
JRandyH
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:36:07 AM EDT
[#13]
GOOD STUFF IF YOU DONT WANT IT I WILL TAKE IT!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Mine had no marking. Bought it last week. It only had the tag with the US/LC on it. Something was blacked out with a marker also on each of the individual boxes of ammo.
JRandyH

Thank you JRandyH.  That's how my two cases came.  I expected the cans to have a accurate description of their contents since they were advertised as grade one ammo.  I don't see how you would figure out what was in the can while in the field.  Otherwise the ammo is great.  It takes so much time to put 3360 rounds on strippers and bandos I didn't mine the price.  Check the ammo, put some desiccant in the can and close it up.  GTG.  I would have been nice if the cans were stenciled with the contents etc though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine showed up the same. No yellow lettering on the can and a black line thru the lot number on the bandos... looks good and shoots just fine though...

T
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Check the ammo, put some desiccant in the can and close it up.  GTG.  I would have been nice if the cans were stenciled with the contents etc though.

Humm.... I would have thought the cans would have had desiccant in them already since they are sealed.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top