Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:28:21 PM EDT
I just bought a Matech Buis I know these were selected by the US armed forces for a BUIS but I know little else about this sight.  Is it a good BUIS what the hell do the numbers on the side of the sight mean. The numbers start at 200 and end at 800 I think that this is some kind of drop compensater but I am unsure.  Any advice would help thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
is this sight just extreamly rare or what. No one has one even the BUIS FAQ says very little about it. I know that grant from G&R tactical has heard about this sight and says it is very hard to find need some info about what the numbers on the side mean and if I should get rid of it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The numbers on the side is for ranging or BDC (bullet drop compensation)...you set it to the range you're shooting...200 yards out to 800 yards...here's the instructions...

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The numbers on the side is for ranging or BDC (bullet drop compensation)...you set it to the range you're shooting...200 yards out to 800 yards...here's the instructions...

img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/gs430/MatechBUISInstructions.jpg

thanks any other info about this sight
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Not really much else to add...the sight works great (I have a few)...it is ranged for standard military barrel lengths and ammo so if you use it on anything different, the BDC won't be 100% accurate...other than that, there's really not much else I can add...it's just a flip up BUIS!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top