Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 2/16/2006 11:54:20 AM EDT
I saw a few of these a tthe last Washington Arms Collectors show in Puyallup, and they looked decent. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? $100 for a stripped lower is right in the ballpark.

http://www.snsindustries.com/page3.html

Has anyone ever started a thread of ALL the different AR receiver manufacturers out there?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:09:40 PM EDT
I got one a year ago, i like to buy local, but i have moved since. It fit a RRA lower parts kit perfict, shoots great. Some have said that they have tight mag well's, Mine only dosent drop one of my 20's free. I bought mine from SNS directly, he's a nice guy, and i saw the Machine center it was made on. Defenatly worth the 100 bucks for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:10:09 PM EDT
it is a pretty good lower magwell on mine is a little tight
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:52:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 4:54:26 PM EDT by KA3B]
Mega makes great lowers.....

Oly makes great uppers, barrels, bolt/carrier assemblies, trigger parts groups, handguards and pistol grips.

You should ask this in the WA hometown forum.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:06:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:

prepare for the shitstorm..
There is nothing wrong with the lowers, but the owner has a few interesting views..
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:15:13 PM EDT
Oh, soooooooooooooooooo tagged!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:19:21 PM EDT

+1 even when they put other peoples name on them.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:19:58 PM EDT
Tango
Alpha
Golf
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:22:29 PM EDT
Sixguns...what is wrong with Mega's lowers?

I had Lane (owner of Mega Machine) do some machining on a vintage motorcycle project a while ago, and used to work with his girlfriend, but other than that, I don't have a clue what "views" he has that may be strange...or was it the owner of SNS that has strange views?

Enlighten me!
For what it's worth, don't we all have strange views as seen from a society that villifies carriers of BRD?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:29:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 5:29:34 PM EDT by KA3B]

Originally Posted By Zamo:

I had Lane (owner of Mega Machine) do some machining on a vintage motorcycle project a while ago, and used to work with his girlfriend, but other than that, I don't have a clue what "views" he has that may be strange...or was it the owner of SNS that has strange views?

Enlighten me!
For what it's worth, don't we all have strange views as seen from a society that villifies carriers of BRD?

There is NOTHING wrong with Mega lowers and there is NOTHING wrong with the owner of Mega.
But that's not what this is about....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:46:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 5:52:48 PM EDT by Da_Bunny]
SNS lowers are as good as MEGA's.

Or is it:

MEGA lowers are as good as SNS's?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:46:17 PM EDT

I had Lane (owner of Mega Machine) do some machining on a vintage motorcycle project a while ago, and used to work with his girlfriend, but other than that, I don't have a clue what "views" he has that may be strange...or was it the owner of SNS that has strange viewsBINGO!?

Enlighten me!

Nothing is wrong with MEGA, a fine machine shop they are and fine products do they make.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:46:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

fixt'd.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:47:03 PM EDT

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:49:55 PM EDT

<snip>

Strange views, differring opinions? Yes. But some things are beyond the pale.

So as not to get your thread locked, IM a WA HTF member for details. (KA3B has all the dirt)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:59:48 PM EDT
SNS is a fine product and the owner is a decent patriotic American.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:09:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By STRATIOTES:
SNS is a fine product and the owner is a decent patriotic American.

You gotta be shittin me.

Were you on haitus when he took up for / defended pedophiles? How about when he said 9/11 was George Bushs fault?

Cmon STRAT....

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:29:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CavVet:
Were you on haitus when he took up for / defended pedophiles? How about when he said 9/11 was George Bushs fault?

Cmon STRAT....

I have no knowledge of him defending pedophiles, on the secnd part I would agree that Bush is complicit !
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:32:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Da_Bunny:

Or is it:

MEGA lowers are as good as SNS's?

At the last show wasn't there a dude that made... what the heck was it... something like Folys.... does that sound right!?!?!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:41:00 PM EDT
R
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 6:45:52 PM EDT by CavVet]

Cmon STRAT....

I have no knowledge of him defending pedophiles, on the secnd part I would agree that Bush is complicit !

You missed the 840 threads on this very subject?

And I didnt say complicit, or whatever tinfoil shit you mean, iirc, he said his fault as in he did it. I know even your tinfoil isnt that damn tight.

All his gems are summarized right here.

Search is your friend. Pedophile thread.

More.......

9/11

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:43:03 PM EDT
As i have said before on mine i pull the trigger and it go's bang, if i don't have ear plugs in, my ears ring. As far as lowers go it works. I don't care who make all my stuff as long as it works. As far as lowers go, i'm in the process of making a 0% build, and it's not even going to have a manufacture's name on it. People take the MEGA & SNS way to far, i bet there is even stickers with calvin pissing on SNS and one with calvin pissing on MEGA, For fun i might start more MEGA and SNS Topics Just kidding, when i transfer back to the good ole WA i'm going to purchase a MEGA lower too I'm sure it goes bang just as well. Then i'll lock the two lowers in a room together and let them fight it out and see who comes out on top
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:51:13 PM EDT
I like freedom, and I am willing to fight for it, and I do not care what people say, only what they do.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:56:09 PM EDT
TAG
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:58:37 PM EDT

I like freedom, and I am willing to fight for it, and I do not care what people say, only what they do.

Strat, you crack me the-f***-up.

But I have to say, I am somewhat disappointed this time. You've gone like 3 or 4 comments into this thread and you haven't quoted the founding fathers yet.

You are slipping.

C'mon, Strat, I need a hit of the FF wisdom that you have so much of.... HIT ME!

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:04:49 PM EDT
I've owned an SNS lower. I had no issues at all with it. It worked just as well as my Bushmaster, Oly Arms, Colt, and Mega lowers. Magwell wasn't any tighter than any of the previously listed lowers were.

It seems to me the people who have problems with SNS, have problems with the owner, and not the product.

Whether or not you have a problem with the owner, and whether or not that would stop you from using his product(s) is up to you. He did good work for me.

My $0.02

~Icarus
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:06:50 PM EDT
All this SNS/MEGA talk makes me miss WA. But its nice to be able to carry with out a CCL
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:10:30 PM EDT
Wow....I never knew...
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I ASKED!
On one hand, it's good to hear the lowers are good quality, and on the other, it's equally good to hear about the owners eye-opening opinions revealed.
Everyone is entitled to a viewpoint. I will spend my hard earned cash on those who more or less parallel mine.
Looks like another Mega or Oly in my future.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:16:02 PM EDT
Good luck with whatever lower you choose to build up. I hope to get transferd back to WA in a few years, hopefully there won't be a certin cheating govener in power there anymore who wants to kill the gunshow's and gunshow deals, again Good Luck
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:24:58 PM EDT
I like this site too much to support someone like that. He flagrantly tried to skirt the rules to make sales in the forums. Those who show interest will probably get IM's from him or his peeps. I don't think that is quite fair when there are plenty of manufacturers and dealers on here who DO support the site and do not try to abuse it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:29:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Justin03R6:
(KA3B has all the dirt)

Not me.
IM someone who knows where to look in the archives....
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:10:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:19:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/16/2006 10:21:14 PM EDT by 1GUNRUNNER]
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:58:51 AM EDT
Ok, so I'm a big chick about gossip....

Somebody IM me with the details.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:01:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JAFO:
I like this site too much to support someone like that. He flagrantly tried to skirt the rules to make sales in the forums. Those who show interest will probably get IM's from him or his peeps. I don't think that is quite fair when there are plenty of manufacturers and dealers on here who DO support the site and do not try to abuse it.

Very well spoken Jafo...

I will drink to that...
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:40:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Belial:

Originally Posted By JAFO:

Very well spoken Jafo...

I will drink to that...

Dude, you would drink to just about anything.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:47:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Belial:
I will drink to that...

Dude, you would drink to just about anything.

This is true, but still well spoken....

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:40:49 PM EDT

Cmon STRAT....

Strat, that's a wacko comment, far out side of the range of your normal wacko comments.

squiggles (Mr. SNS) is a joke...you might recall I tried working a rather large deal with him, and he made it all but impossible. He has very little to no business sense, and conducted himself like a ass here, in the WAHTF. He's persona non grata as far as I'm concerned.

ALCON-
Buy a Mega from Technik, you'll be much happier since that man knows about customer service, and the billet the lower is made from is the same.
Top Top