Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2004 5:59:55 PM EDT
I bought the digital ultra red dot a couple of weeks ago. I haven't used any of the other red dots but i am happy with this red dot. I was wondering why I haven't seen any talk about it. Just curious?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a the original ATN Ultra Sight, the one you manually control the reticle style and illum. settings. I prefer the manual over the digital because there has been some issues with the digital switching  reticles during weapon cycling.  However, I think ATN has solved the problem.

Overall, I think the Ultra Sight is great sight. Despite the optical glass looking vuneralbe to heavy use, it is quite stout and tough as all ATN products seem to be. For general use where magnificationis not required,  it is a practical and inexpensive quality optical sight. For tatical use, I would not recommend it. Go with the more popular Eotech, ACOG's etc.

A few things that I am not pleased with(nothing major) are as follows:

-To use on the flat top  AR platform you must do some modifications to your receiver rail to get you BUIS to fit behind the sight. Or mount the sight  foward i.e. scout set up.

-You must remove your ATN sight  off your weapon to change battery.

-Snow or bright days, I have problems using the sight effectively and must use BUIS.

-It is easy to forget to shut off unit. No push button on/off switch.

Other than these minor issues, it's perfect for hunting, plinking, low light situations where iron sights are not as effective. I have no problems maintaing field of view or using BUIS with fixed front sights.

ATN Scopes do not get all the good press they deserve, because of the spotty quality of  it's Night Vision Products. Dollar for Dollar, I find ATN Daytime optics to be a great bargain with many features you  will not find in many high dollar optics. Lifetime Warranty is as good as anybodys as long as you buy form an ATN authorized dealer.

www.atncorp.com
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top