Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2006 5:21:17 PM EDT
I might be picking one up this weekend. i was just wondering how it preformed and if there is anything i should expect. i plan to use it for service rifle matches.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Practice hard and someday you will shoot as well as your RR NM.
Enjoy your new rifle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Practice hard and someday you will shoot as well as your RR NM.
Enjoy your new rifle.

+1. Last years Service Rifle National Champion won with a box stock RRA NM.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I Picked one up 5 1/2 weeks ago.  still waiting for it to come in.  Rock River is backed up right now with this fad and all.   what size aperture does it have?  Black or green furniture?  Very good Rifle according to all who own.  be sure to check out the AR compitition section under the general tab.  lots of service rifle discussion there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Best out of the box NM rifle available. Little known feature is you can flip the elevation wheel upside down for choice of 1/4 or 1/2 inch clicks. Upper to lower fit nice and tight, sweet trigger. Have not seen a bad one yet (I have seen a lot of them) Good luck with your new rifle you will be happy with it.

F.A.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Best out of the box NM rifle available. Little known feature is you can flip the elevation wheel upside down for choice of 1/4 or 1/2 inch clicks. Upper to lower fit nice and tight, sweet trigger. Have not seen a bad one yet (I have seen a lot of them) Good luck with your new rifle you will be happy with it.

F.A.

+1
I bought my NM upper from John Holliger.  It's awesome.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]
i dont have a NM, but recently picked up a RRA varmint A4 20" SS barrel, and i will say its a really nice rifle. i owned a colt way back in the day, and i will go as far to say its better made than the colt as in fit and finish.

do you plan on competing with it?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a RRA NM A4 seven weeks and one day ago.  I have yet to hear that it has come in.  I plan on calling my FFL tomorrow.  I am starting to get a bit jumpy since I haven't heard anything yet.  It would not be so bad if I had not laid down a ton of cash.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I know you're asking about the NM rifle as a whole, but...my set up has a RRA NM lower on it and I must say it works well, and fits my stag upper very nicely. The two stage trigger is very smooth and only has a slight catch between first and second stage.

just my .02
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Redloki please post here when it comes in.  to give me a better idea as to when I can expect mine.  you don't mind do ya pyromanicmann?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#10]
You won't go wrong with a RRA NM Rifle.  I won Expert Class at Camp Perry last year with one.  It is very capable of shooting High Master scores.  By the time you shoot as well as it does, you will be well on your way!  

P.S. Get the 1/4 X 1/4 rear sight with the aperature of your choice.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Get the 1/4 X 1/4 rear sight with the aperature of your choice.

It's funny you said that.  That was my intention but i was so excited when I made the order that I completely blanked that out and forgot to specify to Sam my dealer.  I know Sam well enough that he probally did for me.  I remembered about two weeks later and shrugged it off.  I can fix it later if I need too.  If the thread owner doesn't mind I will let all know what I find out tomorrow and when it come in.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks guys, yes I do plan on competing with it will let you know how it is if I get it this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Thats great pryo.  I am glad someone found one sitting on a shelf to buy and I hope you enjoy it and enjoy competing with it.  I plan on competing with mine as well..  Trust me, I did look around quite a bit before I ordered. I did call my dealer and he said that he had not heard anything from them so I just dialed up RRA myself to ask how much longer.  I told him the order was pushing 8 weeks.  Scott, I believe that was his name, said that they had not done anything at all this week.  They have been closed for inventory.  He said it should be done and shipped soon if it had been 8 weeks.  He wasn't in front of his pc at the time to check.  I told him that was good enough for me I was just curious and didn't want to take up anymore of his time.  So, if anyone alse is waiting add a week to your wait.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#14]
    Got my RRA NM two years ago, this month. Accurate, fit & finish second to none, no bugs. Liked it so much I bought a 16" chrome lined middy A4 RRA. Best bang for the buck = RRA. Just my $ .02,
YMMV.

Regards,
700P
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:47:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm looking to order one in the next month.

They are very accurate right out of the box. Most of the guys on my gun club's rifle team are using them and are regularily ruling our (very informal) monthly military shoots with bone stock RRA NMs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#16]
My dealer has got one in and I am going to pick it up on Tuesday
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top