Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/31/2003 9:41:43 AM EDT
I just ordered one of these guns today I hope it works good .

Lets see some picks if you have any :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 11:47:33 AM EDT
I had one until this past weekend. They are awesome.; I sold it becasue I did not shoot it much at all. I fired les than 100 rds through it becaseu I was alwasy shooting my ARs or HKs. They are great though. You will love it. I really loved mine but I just did not shoot it enough and wanted to work on an M4 project
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 6:16:58 PM EDT
I have one and love it. Very comfy to shoot, very little muzzle flip. I have two AR's, and they're great rifles, but I truly love casually shooting the M17S. I just sent it to KKF to have cooling slots cut and a rail put on where the handle is. Definitely spend some time shooting it before you decide to get any mods. It loosens up and shoots better after a few hundred rounds of break-in. It took about 400 rounds through mine before I decided to get mods done. Shoot it a lot, you'll like it. And Wolf ammo does fine in it. C_M
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:10:33 PM EDT
What kind of accuracy can you get out of one of these guns with military ammo (not wolf), but info on the wolf would be accepted too. And isnt the carry handle a little to far back to get a comfy cheek weld? I have never shot one, so i may be way off on how the gun feels. One thing troubles me....the bushmaster parts diagram makes it look like this thing has a two piece barrel...is this right? Do these guns feel heavy when compared to a 16" carbine?
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 3:15:37 AM EDT
It has a barrel sleeve over the end of the barrel, not a two piece barrel. The sleeve allows the barrel to be tightened with the threads on the muzzle end, putting a tension on the barrel that keeps it from deforming as the barrel heats up (or so Bushmaster says). It weighs more than a 16" carbine, but it felt good in the gun store. I can't comment on shooting one, tough - shortage of funds (a common problem among board members here[:D])
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 6:27:47 AM EDT
The accuracy is very good. I was shooting 2 inch groups at 50 yards, without fine tuning or benching it with surplus ammo with a Cheap Red Dot scope that had a 3 or 4 MOA dot. Not too bad IMO. You will love it. I have never shot Wolf ammo in my Pup soI haveno experience withit. I only shot 2 boxes of it through my AR and that was all I needed to know about it when I had to clean it that night.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:57:13 AM EDT
I enjoyed fireing my 17 and it never gave me any real problems, it chewed through ~300rds of Wolf with no mechanical issues. I just traded it twords a Bushy A2 Carbine with the AK brake. Mainly because of the following. 1) Being an aluminum tube the foregrip would heat up during rapid fire (ie bang, bang, bang, oww) I solved this with some insulating tape on the outside of the rifle. 2) Mag well was really tight. Bushy's answer to this was to file it open myself, as some of them came out of the injection moler tight... I never did this to mine, the mags just had to be pulled to be removed, (not dropping free). 3) I get board easily and wanted something different. Good luck with your rifle, they (to me) are heavier when being carried, but feel lighter then an AR when shouldered.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:06:44 AM EDT
I just got back from trying it out . It works fine if I only load 25 rounds into the 30 round mags when I try the full 30 it doesnt want to push the first couple rounds into the chamber . The trigger isnt as heavy as I thought it would be it feels almost the same as my chinese ak which isnt so bad. The magazins do drop free without me having to pull on them but that ambidextrous magazine release isnt to satisfying you have to push it in to hard imo to drop the magazine. I think Im going to have a rail installed on it so I can add on a forgrip of some kind so I dont burn myself shooting other then that Im realy happy with this gun.
Top Top