Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2004 9:30:26 PM EST
Anyone have pics of a 1c7 upper with a carbine barrel?? I think thats what I want to build for a KISS rifle
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:42:30 PM EST
Several are posted here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:16:17 PM EST
Bushmaster 'A-1' style uppers are super. A-1 or A-2 apperatures can be fitted. My favorite.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:26:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/6/2004 4:28:51 PM EST by matthelimech]
what is the diff between the A1 and A2 appetures??? I just bought a bushy 14.5" A1 with the AK brake on it, got to decide whether to leave thr brake or replace with a phantom I have'nt shot one with a brake.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:20:53 PM EST
I think you got confused somewhere. Someone was probably saying something about an A1 or a C7 upper receiver. The A1 refers to the M16A1 upper, the C7 refers to the Canadian Diemaco version of the M16.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:28:01 PM EST
I think we know what he is talking about. The C7 pretty much denotes a A1 upper receiver, with the newer added updates of forward assist and shell defelctor. Happens to be my favorite upper for a KISS rifle, since I am left handed and need the shell deflector.

I will be building a Bushmaster C7 type upper on a bushy ultralight barrel, with old style CAR stock on 9/14 if all goes according to plan... kinda a SP1 carbine copy. I can see this becoming my favorite rifle easily.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:30:02 PM EST
Like you FAL, I think this will become one of my favorite rifles, just because of the simpicity. I think I read somewhere about using an A2 appeture, can someone shed some light on this????
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:44:30 PM EST
Some people, including myself, have swapped the A1 aperture on their A1 sights with an A2 aperature. The A2 aperture has a small hole for more precise distance shooting and a large hole for faster close range work.

It's a simple procedure: drift out the pin on the windage knob, unscrew the bolt that holds the aperture and replace. Be sure not to lose the spring and ball bearing that are part of the knob assembly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:46:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By matthelimech:
I think I read somewhere about using an A2 appeture, can someone shed some light on this????

The A1 aperture has two small holes. The A2 has one large hole (for close up shots) and one small (for longer range/accurate shots.)

Many people like to change out to the A2 aperture, so they can leave the large hole as the default sight.... for quick situations... and then flip to the small hole if they have to take a longer shot, or range time. Its just one screw on the side to change them out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:47:41 PM EST
does the A1 just have one appeture??? it sounds like a simple task. any prefrences on what brand???
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:06:52 PM EST
The A1 has two apertures, but they're the same size. Each has a different height.

You can get one at DPMSinc.com with free shipping.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:19:01 PM EST
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I see now, 2 heights for ranging!!! duh!!! Ok thanks, I will order the A2 sight appeture tomorrow!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:19:43 PM EST
Here are some pics of my C8gery. 14.5 inch Colt 1/7 barrel with a pinned Vortex on a Bushmaster C7 upper

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:10:33 AM EST
Sweet!!!! I can't wait till my C7 gets here!! How about the sight knob I see selling for these...worth the money????
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:10:43 PM EST

Sweet!!!! I can't wait till my C7 gets here!! How about the sight knob I see selling for these...worth the money????

You mean the windage knob? Hell no! Those are worthless IMHO.... I like the A1 for the purposes of KISS, and fewer moving parts. If I want to adjust windage, its only for the original sight in, and I will use the bullet tip as designed. I dont want a windage knob that can get accidentally adjusted.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:30:54 PM EST

I have one on just a single rifle, and have been too lazy to remove it (and also I bugger up about every other windage drum pin!). And if care is not exercised, you CAN make an unwanted windage change while rubbing her down with scented oil...I mean CLP.

Paladin
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:49:01 PM EST
Well then I wont put the knob on it!!! Would hate to not be able to put foo foo on her!!!!
Top Top