Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2003 7:38:27 PM EDT
My Preban is there as we speak, having the lower remade, a new A2 upper bbld to my existing 11.5" bbl.. Anyone have this done, what can I expect back? Their communication has been absolutely top notch, and Im not worried about a thing as far as that goes. Told me it'd be 3 to 6 weeks turnaround. They are going to give me a right on color match and a tight upper/lower fit..What have you guys gotten back that have done this???
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There's not alot of guys talking it up about Oly on this board. Everyone posts on Colt, and Bushmaster. I own both and love them.

I have had Oly uppers in the past, and my friend had a complete rifle from them.

I shot the sh%t out of the uppers, and bought my friends rifle after I had watched him abuse it with a BC mag over and over again. I put it through even more torture, and ended up selling it to a cop who still uses and loves it.

I have got nothing bad to say about Oly. No matter how hard I try. Have two oly lowers, and they have fit snug with every upper I've mat'ed them with.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a preban lower remade by Oly.
and like you say their comm. is top notch.

The newly made lower was forged, and excellent.

And as a bonus it came to me 1 week early.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:31:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I had both of my SGW lowers remanufactured and they came back to me as beautiful, black, perfect and NEW pre-ban lowers!  Both of mine came back in about 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the response. My old gun was a hell of a shooter, and had some cool history behind it. It was an entry gun for a Swat operator in Kansas for a long time and was on numerous raids etc.etc. It was getting tired so off to Oly it went. I am keeping the bbl. as it will probably outlast me. But everything else, including internals, is getting the makeover..John
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:58:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an ancient Oly (SGW) lower "rebuilt" and it came out perfect! The original was way out of spec so they didn't even charge me anything other than shipping to them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I have also seen a replacement lower by Olympic and it was great looking!  The original lower was baddly out of spec and the new one was a great improvement and the owner can now swap uppers, trigger groups, etc like the rest of us!

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:23:41 AM EDT
[#7]

I wonder if Armalite offes the same service - I have an EA15 preban lower that is medium gray - wouldn't mind having a new black one with the original preban serial.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#8]
You won't see Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, KAC, ever doing that, as they do not need the business.
Jack
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a SGW lower that I think is out of spec. I have been thinking about sending it back to Olympic to have it "fixed" however they don't have record of the lower being produced..probably due to the fire at the factory. I purchased the gun through a private sale. I'm worried that if I send it back...it will be on file with my name attached to it...should I be worried?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd do it in a New York second, if the ban doesn't sunset.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a SGW lower that I think is out of spec. I have been thinking about sending it back to Olympic to have it "fixed" however they don't have record of the lower being produced..probably due to the fire at the factory. I purchased the gun through a private sale. I'm worried that if I send it back...it will be on file with my name attached to it...should I be worried?
View Quote

Do you want to have a good lower? It's not going to BATF, and since you are the owner and they are the manufacturer, there is no 4473 filled out. I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You won't see Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, KAC, ever doing that, as they do not need the business.
Jack
View Quote

Actually, Colt will do it and I have seen one where an early pre-ban (SP-1?) was remade using a current spec lower with all the same markings as the original...  Very cool deal... mil-spec pins, no sear block, and mil-spect pivot pin!!!  

I don't know how they had it done, but it was done in the past!
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I sent an email to Armalite to see if they would re-do my Eagle Arms Coal Valley preban.

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I sent mine too and it came out great.  It was well worth it.

Max
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I sent a lower serialed ZXXXX, and it came back perfect.  I use it for my cheapo blaster now, and it works great.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top