Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2004 8:31:59 PM EST
Has anyone built a 14.5" / M4-length barrelled upper with a mid-length tube, such as the PRI?

If so, got pics?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:35:57 AM EST
tagged
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:09:53 AM EST
... or even using a rifle-length tube on the 14.5 + f/h. I think I saw some MRPs configured this way.

-z
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:29:02 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:49:41 AM EST
Very nice looking firearm.

-JMS
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:51:03 AM EST
Is this what you had in mind?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:19:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zak-Smith:
... or even using a rifle-length tube on the 14.5 + f/h. I think I saw some MRPs configured this way.

-z

If you are thinking about doing this, stop thinking! I built a 14.5" upper with a rifle length handguard and I regret it. Even with an M4 profile barrel, the damn thing is heavy as shit! As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about putting it on the EE for trade.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:34:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By lu380:

-z

If you are thinking about doing this, stop thinking! I built a 14.5" upper with a rifle length handguard and I regret it. Even with an M4 profile barrel, the damn thing is heavy as shit! As a matter of fact, I'm thinking about putting it on the EE for trade.

SMGLee's looks good.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:18:31 PM EST

-z

SMGLee's looks good.

SMGLee probably used a lighter, more expensive rail than I did.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:43:49 PM EST
The pics from ADCO are EXACTLY what I want to do to my ADCO "skinny middie" with DD 9.0 forend.

I've seen the upper, but not the complete rifle. I've been blaspheming other members' rifles (Hoplophile for one) by downloading their pic and "shortening" the bbl in Photoshop. The ADCO one is pretty much what it looked like, except with a Troy rail.

That settles it for good. That's what I'm going to do with mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:32:26 PM EST

-z

SMGLee's looks good.

SMGLee probably used a lighter, more expensive rail than I did.

If you're thinking of the one I'm thinking of, SMGLee's is a carbine length MRP.
Top Top