BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:47:25 PM EDT

Quoted:
I bought one of these for my A1 clone:

Hakko 4x21 Scope

Not an endorsement - just using the pic, to show ya'll.

It is my understanding that Hakko was the maker of the original Colt Scopes.

The stud on the bottom of the mount is smaller than the hole in the top of the carry handle, that it goes through. This allows some movement. Can't move it by hand once its real tight, but what about recoil? and return to zero, if I take it off.

Anyone familiar with these? They have a see through mount, so I wouldn't have to take it off to use irons. What was the original idea behind these? How are they as far as holding and returning to zero?

Thanks

I posted this on 1/8 in the optics section, but still haven't gotten any replies. Thought this section might have a broader audience.

Original post in optics section

Anyone familiar with these?

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve only heard bad things about the knock off Colt scopes. You get what you pay for, sorry that’s all I have. Mount it and see if it holds zero.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for it probably being sub par.

probably why no one replied to your thread, lots of people buying knockoffs and posting to see if they are as good as the real thing. what sucks is most pay the money and purchase it and then ask about them when its probably too late.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea maybe asking a day late, but these two websites are the reason I went with Hakko instead of a $30 Leapers.

www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html

and
savvysurvivor.com/daytime%20scopes.htm

Both of these websites reference Hakko as the original manufacturer for the Colt scopes. So while it doesn't say Colt, is it really a knockoff? Granted the websites might have bad info.

It is intended for my retro build, I know its not an ACOG.

Were the "originals" post that goes through the hole in the carry handle, smaller than the hole?

Anyone have any experience with an original? How it worked, etc.

Thanks for the replies, at least I'm getting some opinions.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]

I have had a Hakko (same one you are looking at) on my CAR for 10 years now and it has never let me down.

No.....its not an Aimpoint or an ACOG.......but I think its still a fair little scope.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure about that particular scope, but the Hakko name is very well known in the industry and they make rebranded scopes for a few other companies... The name Hakko is known for good quality at at good price, a general statement might be that they are worth at least what you pay for them.

A few of the companies that sell them under a different name jack the price up anyway
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top