Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 4:11:34 PM EDT
I am interested in using this set up on one of my A2's, I want to mount an Aimpoint on it to cowitness. Will the the ARMS #22M68 work, or will I need a spacer?
Anyone have any pics of the #39 mounted on an A2 caryy handle?
Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
While I myself have never had one, I have seen pleanty and used a few. Use the #22M68 with no spacer on top of the #39A2.

However, if I had an A2 I wanted to put a #39A2 on, I would probably just get an ARMS #51 SIR. It is the same basic idea of the #39A2, but it is more advanced in that it free floats your barrel, cools better than anything on the market and gives you additional mounting points if need be.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one and it works perfectly without the spacer...ARMS 22M68 only. I really prefer the flat tops and did not want to spend the $$$ for the ARMS #51 SIR. The M39 setup with the AimPoint adds some weight, not a whole lot, but enough to change the balance, making the rifle slightly front-heavy. This mount is solid as a rock, though, and well worth the money. Try to find a used one first, as guys who convert to flat tops will often sell theirs for $25-35 less than new.

If you go with something like a CQB sling system, you will need at least the GGG front "Sling Thing" or something similar since there will not be enough room between the mount and forearm to strap on the front attachment.

Neil is right about the SIR...just too much money for me, though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Send me your email and I'll show you a pic.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top