Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2005 11:21:25 AM EDT
Maybe it's just me but that $urefire $tuff $ure does co$t a lot. I don't have money to burn like the rest of ya. I went with a $99 Glock tac light. It's small, effective, light weight, and it lights up plenty for me and my purpose. Now if an intruder manages to stay in my house for more than an hour I'm screwed with it's small batteries. Anyone?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:39:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I use the M6 light/laser on my M16 sometimes.  It'll go back onto my vertec though when I get back home.  It might see use on my SEBR, but at the moment I'm looking for mounts to use another laser and tac-light I have.  

And if someone is in your house more than an hour?  Well assuming you have a house left after an hour's worth of shooting, a laser might help your aim.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

And if someone is in your house more than an hour?  Well assuming you have a house left after an hour's worth of shooting, a laser might help your aim.hr

LOL. When I bought my AR it came with a Lazerlyte which I recently took off and put up for sale. I don't use my AR for defense anyway. That's what my HK .45 USP Compact is for.

(actually I bought the Glock light for my pistol but it didn't fit so I thought about it and put it on my AR, don't tell anyone please)
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I currently have SureFire X200 on my carbine; it's primarily my handgun light, but since my AR was light-less for a while, I figured it was better than nothing. It works OK, but mounting it is kind of pain in the tail, especially since I have it mounted in the middle of a 12" rail. Now I have a new Pentagon with DD mount on the way, so as soon as it's here, the X200 is going back on the 1911.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I have M4 style handguards. I bought a VFG with rail that attaches to the existing platform(damn that sounded technical). Anyway, i mounted the Glock GLT blah blah blah(insert whatever model # it is) at the very front. It luminates more than I could ever imagine in a home and outside for CQB. I have plenty of room with my hand on the VFG, can switch it on with the flick of a thumb, and it's like 3oz. It's also comes off in like 2 seconds when practicing in a prone position or to mount my bipod at the range.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top