Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:43:59 PM EDT
www.armament.com/optical_weapon_sights.htm

At first I was a little put off by the "video gameish" reticle, but over the course of the show it kind of grew on me. Anyone else see this scope & do you think it has potential?

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks kind of neat.  They sell Elcan optics; are these made by Elcan as well?  If they are, I wish they'd start making the rest of their optics with internal adjustments like these.

Still, this looks like a neat sight, at least without the rails mounted.  Reticle is a bit busy, but I bet it could be gotten used to fairly easily-depeding on how it looks illuminated.  Curious as to cost, weight, batt life (probably good since it uses CR123s?).  

Interestingly, I bet it could be used with an ARMS or LaRue mount for the fullsize ACOGs.  Seems like this sight may have promise.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:19 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW-- if the illumination is visable during the day this will be one killer little optic. Anyone have any other info. besides the pdf. spec sheet?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I handled one at SHOT and it was ok.  I agree, the reticle is kind of gamish looking, but then again, so is the Eotech.  I think it will work.  In close, fast situations, just bracket the target with the large illuminated markers in the corners.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Cost?  Availability?  How bright does that reticule get? (Bright enough for BAC?)
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 9:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I think just the red dot will be bright enough during the day- BAC like the Aimpoint.

Tritium probably illuminates the crosshairs at night.

Go ahead and correct me, I didn't read the brochure.  Just looked at the pics
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:14:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
WOW-- if the illumination is visable during the day this will be one killer little optic. Anyone have any other info. besides the pdf. spec sheet?

Yes... it is plenty bright enough to see in the daylight, thus one can use the BAC for quick snap shots.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:25:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmm........looks like something Elcan had at 2005 SHOT, but the rails were not there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Mike,

That's MAP pricing--Any further discounts for AR15.com members? I think I want to pick one up!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:43:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I liked the SpecterDR better but I think they're both good.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top