Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:27:19 AM EDT
I moved an older pre F version EOTECH from an M4 clone where it worked perfectly to an AR Pistol with 7.5 inch barrel.  At 25 yards I am shooting 3-4 inches low and I have run out of elevation adjustment.  

The wheel turns but no longer clicks and their is no change in bullet strike.  I moved the wheel several turns once the clicking stops and nothing.  I stopped out of fear of damaging something and if POI didn't move with several complete rotations, what was the point of going further.

Anyone else have this issue?  All I can figure is that a normal rifle length barrel moves enough under recoil while the bullet is still in the bore that it hits higher on the target.  That is why I had no issues when it was on the M4.

I was going to try shooting at 50 yards to see if I was too close given the bullet trajectory, but then my batteries died and I had forgotten an extra pair.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
try turning it one way or the other for quite a bit. i had the vert adj. do the same thing. i think you went past the max like i did and screwed the adjuster right out of the "pot" or whatever. i was about to send it to eotech, but i turned it one way a good deal an caught the pot again.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't rmember the maker,but Brownell's sells a small shim for scope mounts that have run out of adjustment. IITC it can be place to raise or lower front by 5 degrees.it's like a small wedge
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top