Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2004 5:26:16 AM EDT
I ordered 3 LE6920s from Lou @ Shooter's Discount.  When I ordered the rifles I specifically asked if the boxes where going to be shipped inside another box.  He said they would be, and seemed to understand the importance of preservering the original boxes.

Well, I was pretty pissed off when I went to my dealer and discovered that he plastic taped all 3 boxes together and shipped them "raw".  This has of course significantly damaged any future collectability original pristine serial numbered Colt boxes might have.

Anyone else who bought from him pissed about this?  Considering the "premium" being charged by him and other dealers, I would expect a little more care and service in handling of these rifles.

I will be calling Lou to see how he wants to handle this situation.  However, I'm probably screwed no matter what, I paid by cashier's check so I have no recourse there, it was $70+FFL transfer to ship them here, so I'd have to pay another $70 to ship them back.

Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
similar problem, different dealer, i wrote to a friend at Colt to see if i can get new boxes.., still waiting for an answer, but you can call Colt & ask if you can get replacement boxes, maybe you will get a faster response, "friends" sometimes take you for granted & reply when there is nothing else to do
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top