Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/27/2006 7:36:32 PM EDT
I've been thinking on buying a 16" Post ban Hbar and having it threaded to fit a FN FAL STG 58 hider.

The STG Hider is threaded close to the front and the rest was to support Rifle grenades.

I know I'll have to open up the internal Dia. of the STG hider for it to fit the .750 Dia of the Ar bbl.

Has anyone already done that?

Thanks,
Jason

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
but................why?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not?

I've seen rifles here with all kinds of do-dads hanging off a Carbine/M4 that cange it from being about a 7lb rifle to a 15+Lb  chunk of weight that if I were to have to actually use in a non-friendly enviroment I'd just as well tote a M1 Garand or M14.  (which are not 15lbs loaded)

Besides I just wanna be different

Jason
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't know much about the flash hider, but I am glad to see your sense of individuallity. Because if you think about it. Every new fad started with somebody trying to be different.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me see if I've got this straight: You're going to do some expensive, unnecessary machine work so that you can add useless weight to your rifle?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
hey man, don't let me or anyone else discourage ya - if it rocks your boat, GO FOR IT!  
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:14:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds kinda cool. Be sure to post pics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Go for it, we put AK brakes on AR's, why not a Fal FS, you'll have something no one else has.  Let's see some pics
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#8]
ok guys, I guess I'll do it. I can always re-thread the barrel to standard AR dia./pitch if I don't like the Fal break as it uses 9/16 dia thread.

I hope to pick up a barrel at knob creek next week and I'll get the hider there too and hand it to my machinest while I'm there since we're riding there together.

I will post pics when it's done.

Thanks,
Jason
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top