Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 5:47:49 PM EDT
I read the review on the CQB mueller scope but Im curious on how their other 3-9x ill scopes are. Anyone have any experience?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it is a very good scope for the money, has held zero and did the box drill with no problems
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Mueller Tac II mounted on a DPMS .308 w/18" barrel.  Great combination.  The scope is inexpensive for what you are getting.  Great glass, very repeatable adjustments, great price.  I would rank it below the high end Leupolds, Nightforce, etc..  But it would rank higher than the Nikon Buckmaster Tactical, Bushnell 3200 Elites, and equal to the Super Snipers.  Well worth the money in my opinion.  YMMV.  Rich is a great guy to do business with also.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I concur with the above posts.  I have the 3X9 illum dot ret. on my T/C Encore .308.  It performed flawlessly out of the box.  I have no complaints.  Great company to work with.  I had some questions regarding adjustment markings on the turrets and received a call from Rich explaining in detail the scopes and its functions.

I would not only recommend Mueller, but will definately buy again.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have the Mueller Tac II mounted on a DPMS .308 w/18" barrel.  Great combination.  The scope is inexpensive for what you are getting.  Great glass, very repeatable adjustments, great price.  I would rank it below the high end Leupolds, Nightforce, etc..  But it would rank higher than the Nikon Buckmaster Tactical, Bushnell 3200 Elites, and equal to the Super Snipers.   Well worth the money in my opinion.  YMMV.  Rich is a great guy to do business with also.

I want to add though that your Tac II is a new, higher grade and more expensive optic than Mueller's standard "Sport Dot" series.  It is priced competitively with the Super Sniper.

I have had two Mueller scopes, the 2-7x32 "Multi-Shot" and the "Tactical" 4-16x50.  In my opinion, these are very good scopes at the price you pay, they do track well and hold zero, the illumination system is excellent, BUT the glass on these is DEFINTELY NOT as good as the  Bushnell Elites and the Super Snipers.

They are better than any Tasco I've ever looked through, but the clarity is just not as crisp as the Super Sniper 10x or the Elite 3200 10x I've owned.

I agree that Mueller and Rich are great folks to deal with, and they have THE BEST $150 scopes on the market in my experience, but you will NOT buy a 3-9x40 Sport Dot and get the same quality glass you will when compared to the others mentioned.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the 3x9 sport dot and the 4x16 mil tactical scope.

Both survived a car crash without losing zero. The X5 and the Cherokee didn't. (Both were totalled)

The sport dot is what I use on my AR. It's in a Armalite one-piece mount and has been great. Decent glass quality, and hasn't lost it's zero. It doesn't get babied, and still works quite well.

The tactical scope is on my Savage 110 308 in a Techicarbon stock. Adjustments are precise and the optics are clear for the money. I think I paid around $200 new with shipping.

I did what most do starting out...spend money on cheap scopes to get started and end up paying more in the long run. I haven't been disappointed is the Mueller line.

I think for the money, it's a good starting scope to get your feet wet without making a huge investment.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top