Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 11:03:12 AM EDT
I just got one that has what seems to be a misaligned front pivot pin hole. The pin looks fine.

Any ideas? Its the shooters left hole.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#1]
M4_, I've owned several Eagle prebans over the years and never had a problem.  Also I've never heard anyone else mention having a problem.  I don't know what to tell you.  As I'm sure you know, Eagle is still around as a division of ArmaLite.  Maybe give them a call ??
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
M4_, I've owned several Eagle prebans over the years and never had a problem.  Also I've never heard anyone else mention having a problem.  I don't know what to tell you.  As I'm sure you know, Eagle is still around as a division of ArmaLite.  Maybe give them a call ??
View Quote

Thanks for your insight.

I guess its less of a hassle to just hone down the front pivot pin and be dome with it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for your insight.

I guess its less of a hassle to just hone down the front pivot pin and be dome with it.
View Quote

Now that you mention it M4_Aiming_at_U my preban Eagle Arms receiver has the same problem, I figured it was just a cheap lower parts kit in it and the pin was a little large but that makes more sense and I can actually hear the pin hitting the edge of the receiver. Wonder if there is anyway we would be able to get new receivers and still maintain the preban status.

Where is yours made? Mine is Coal Valley, IL it's a 923X serial number. It's more of a Colt grey then a black.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Where is yours made? Mine is Coal Valley, IL it's a 923X serial number. It's more of a Colt grey then a black.
View Quote

Its from Coal Valley and its in the low 8k  serial numbers. Its also the colt grey color...
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont know if you guys know it or not, but Eagle Arms is the company that baught the Armalite name. You see, Armalite is not the Armalite that once made the original M-16. Eagle Arms was not doing enough sales so they baught the Armalite corporate name to boost their sales. It worked. But the unfortunate part is that people are buying Armalite rifles thinking they are getting a quality product from an old company with a lot of experience and a good reputation.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top