Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 6/17/2003 6:05:40 PM EDT
I have the following:

Tetra Gun Spray-Fluoropolymer Penetrating Spray Light Lubricant/Cleaner

Tetra Gun-Fluoropolymer Penetrating Lubricant and Bore Conditioner

Tetra Gun Fluoropolymer Penetrating heavy-Duty Grease Lubricant

How good are these products and do I need other products to clean my AR15?

Also, is Hoppe's Semi Auto Solvent any good?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 7:17:36 PM EDT
I have used both the Tetra oil and grease on various handguns for some time with excellent results. I have not used them on the AR-15. I suppose that they would be just fine in the proper applications. They are high quality products. Sarge
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 12:39:23 PM EDT
I have been using Tetra Grease on my RRA's upper exclusively. I am very happy with it. A little goes a real long way, I rub it on until just a fine coat remains, and brush a bit on the locking lugs with an old artist's brush.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:22:18 PM EDT
My department uses Tetra after they tested a bunch of products. A little goes a long way, and the more you use it the easier it is to clean. I wouldn't use the spray cleaner/ lube very often. It works okay, but it isn't a real good cleaner. Get an actual slovent, Hoppes is fine, so are many others. Tetra makes a very nice solvent if you want to stay with one brand. Remember that when you use the Tetra grease, it should be applied thin enough that you can't see any of the white. It should just be enough to show a sheen to the surface. A LITTLE heavier coat can be used on the lugs, but don't get carried away, it will only attract and build up gunk. PM me if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:57:52 PM EDT
Is Tetra grease the same stuff as TW25B ? I have been using TW25B for about one month. The way that Tetra grease is being described here, it sounds almost identical to TW25B. Has anyone used both Tetra and TW25B in order to comment on the differences ?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:13:49 PM EDT
No Tetra and TW-25B are not the same.They are similiar in that they both use PTFE but thats about it. Tetra is pretty good stuff but I dont think that it is as good as TW-25B. Ive used both and I much prefer the TW-25B. The TW-25B seems to stay put much longer and not rub off making it much longer lasting in my experience and opinion. The TW-25B gives a dry appearance that is not oily looking and does not catch dust and fouling as bad. Either way they are both excellent products. If I could afford it I would use TW-25B on all my weapons and drop the clp that I use on my C&R bolt guns etc.. I just wish the TW-25B was easier to find locally. Raymond
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:49:42 PM EDT
I love tetra but may have to give that TWB25 a shot. A lot of the gang here seems to really like it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:25:32 PM EDT
So are you using this TW-25b INSTEAD of CLP or anything like that for a lubricant, or do you only use this on moving parts ect.?? I know i've heard of people treating their bores with it. Where are you getting this stuff at, everywhere I look the price is OUT OF SIGHT? Thanks Gundraw
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:56:04 PM EDT
GunDraw, I get my TW-25B straight from MIL-COMM. And yes it is high. I use the TW-25B inside and out on everything. Raymond
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:12:40 PM EDT
Thanks Blank, I did find something interesting. Kleen-bore, now carries their own line of the same stuff. I don't know how, but it is TW-25B "Hi-Tech Lubricant" A little more affordable that way, everyone might want to look into it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:54:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GunDraw: Thanks Blank, I did find something interesting. Kleen-bore, now carries their own line of the same stuff. I don't know how, but it is TW-25B "Hi-Tech Lubricant" A little more affordable that way, everyone might want to look into it.
View Quote
The Kleen Bore TW-25B is made by Mil-Comm. The Kleen Bore TW-25B High Tech lube in the 2oz. dropper or pump spray bottle is the MC-2500 oil. The Kleen Bore TW-25B High Tech Lube in the Syringe Is in fact TW-25B. The prices are much better directly from Mil-Comm especially if you buy the larger sizes. A local gunshop here carries the Kleen Bore TW-25B grease and oil so I buy it when I get in a pinch.Otherwise I just order directly from Mil-Comm for the larger 4oz tube. Raymond
Top Top