Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 8:58:35 AM EDT
Looking into different finishes and was curious as to everyones thoughts on this...I tried a search and got nothing, I'm begining to think the search function here does not like me.......
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you could do just as good a job if you do it yourself. I hear KG Gun Coat and Norrells Molyresin are very easy to apply even for an amatuer. But the Wilson price of $200 isn't bad if you disassmeble it yourself.

ETA: This thread says Wilson uses Molyresin as their Armour Tuff finish.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=256023

Read this www.black-rifles.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=477&st=0
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what ARMOR-TUFF® is.  Maybe Dupont Teflon-S?  The industrial coating, not the cookware version.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got everything dissasembled, just waiting on a barell to show up via the big brown truck...I've never really used an airbrush just once or twice at the most, I would hate too turn this into a cluster !!!! Thanks for the info...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I used KG to "kote" my AR and it's great stuff.  It's no safe queen, and the coatingis holding very well.  The eo-tech was done recently which is why it looks so clean.  I also did the black parts to make them black-black.  It was really easy to do.  Unlike a spray can, you can really control how you spray out of an airbrush by regulating the distance, speed, pattern, and pressure of the air.  Not to mention that you can make custom colors (like I did to mine).

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If you follow Stickman's guide, you can't go wrong.  Norrell's MolyResin IS what Wilson uses.  Give it a try, you will love it!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top