Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2018 8:36:25 AM EDT
My older eyes could use some help.

I am thinking of using one on an iron sight only truck gun.  I like the look of the white outlined chevron.

I am curious if anyone here is running them.  If so, please share your thoughts.

Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I use their front sight post in both my ARs. they work very well with these old eyes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Please tell me someone under 35 is using them.

I am thinking of putting one on my AR pistol. Iron sights only, might as well have the best.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use their front sight post in both my ARs. they work very well with these old eyes.
View Quote
That's what I was hoping for.  The white chevron is highly visible and easy to pick up and the point lets you shoot with precision when needed.

Yeah, I love shooting iron sights but my 49 year old eyes aren't what they were when I was 22...
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am thinking of putting one on my AR pistol. Iron sights only, might as well have the best.
View Quote
I don't think it's just an old guy thing.  The better your eyes the better they should work for you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatcha gonna shoot? Do you just want to pick up the post quicker or need help focusing on it?

I'd lean towards an Armalite .050/.060" aperture, and wider post (dunno who makes 'em, CLE?) or narrower KNS post.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Whatcha gonna shoot? Do you just want to pick up the post quicker or need help focusing on it?

I'd lean towards an Armalite .050/.060" aperture, and wider post (dunno who makes 'em, CLE?) or narrower KNS post.
View Quote
It’s for a 11.5” truck gun.  I hope I never have to use it, but it’s for two legged vermin.

The priority is faster front sight acquisition.  I may put a red dot on it later but I want to see how irons work for me again...
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm using them on my A2 carbine (edit: I have more than one set, just this is the rifle I think of when I think of these sights). Works well, Mine is the tritium with glow bars (triangle). Since it's an A2, the carry handle makes dot sights problematic, so I went to the Blitz sight in place of a dot. Pretty damn good, machining is excellent, Tritium is nice. In cases where a dot sight is problematic, they are a must-have. In all other cases, they are a heck of a nice thing to have. If you're using the aluminum Diamondhead folding sights, it's a whole other level of fast iron sights.

Not under 35, but doc says I have 20/20 vision.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Y'all are using the 0-2 aperture and NTCH, correct?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I didn't care for the Cheveron, the Spike was better imo.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Y'all are using the 0-2 aperture and NTCH, correct?
View Quote
Yes, I use NTCH when using irons.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you feel the spike is as easy to pick up as the chevron?  Also, is the white spike painted on one or two sides?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do you feel the spike is as easy to pick up as the chevron?  Also, is the white spike painted on one or two sides?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's really easy to pick up at close range, but also seems better for middle/longer range shooting. The Cheveron seemed a little distracting for further distances.

YMMV and your eyes may vary though.

On a PCC or something, the Cheveron would be nice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It's really easy to pick up at close range, but also seems better for middle/longer range shooting. The Cheveron seemed a little distracting for further distances.

YMMV and your eyes may vary though.

On a PCC or something, the Cheveron would be nice.
View Quote
Now, I am thinking of getting the spike instead.  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#14]
there web site says the paint is on both side of any of the posts or Chevron sights.

I might have to get one of these to try it out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Have 2 of the white chevrons on Mbus sights. One is for my 8.5" 556 ar-pistol and other is on a 9" 300blk sbr (which can also hold the ar-pistol upper when I want).   The 300 sbr either gets a Leopold Deltapoint (with a triangle reticle vs a dot) or a Trjicon Accupoint with an amber triangle.  I really like to keep my sights up so I can align both the front sight's triangle AND the optics triangle (obviously I'm co-witnessing my optics).  For me, that "triangle-palossa" is more applicable on the 300blk though.

I stick an MRO or RMR clone on the 556 ar-pistol most of the time and have thought seriously about ditching my Blitz white triangle for their front-post instead.   Their triangle posts go well with Mbus, but if you have a front sight that has a captured front-post, you can't remove it without getting creative and trying to disassemble stuff.   I have a FAB Defense front sight that was a no go for this reason.

Another thing about their triangle front posts is you need to use their front sight adjusting tool that has 4 prongs on it (provided), where some front posts require a tool with 2 prongs to adjust elevation (or tip of a single 556 round).  Not sure if that applies to their white-tipped front posts or not.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Since I'm a cheap bastard, and necessity is the mother of invention.... my mod of the day...

I took a roll of Gorilla duct tape that I have that was white... and cut a small strip with an X-acto knife.. and added it to my front sight post on the MBUS I put on my new Micro Roni toy.

Wholly Shit, big world of difference. front sight now jumps out at these 54 year old eyes... So I'm thinking I may need to pick up a couple of these as  my patented duct tape version may not hold up under adverse conditions......

I added one onto a the MBUS Pro on my 16" Middy, and same result....
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I have used them for years and I am 31.  I have used them on several different ars and pretty much all I use anymore for a front sight post.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks great Harv!

Now I need to get some white Gorilla tape and try that too!

Quoted:
Since I'm a cheap bastard, and necessity is the mother of invention.... my mod of the day...

https://i.imgur.com/1pvsNty.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/I9sLuQO.jpg

I took a roll of Gorilla duct tape that I have that was white... and cut a small strip with an X-acto knife.. and added it to my front sight post on the MBUS I put on my new Micro Roni toy.

Wholly Shit, big world of difference. front sight now jumps out at these 54 year old eyes... So I'm thinking I may need to pick up a couple of these as  my patented duct tape version may not hold up under adverse conditions......

I added one onto a the MBUS Pro on my 16" Middy, and same result....
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I like them a lot, more accurate and easier to align your eyes too, I'm a young buck too!  31.  I have them on 3-4 different rifles, I think one is waiting for a host
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top