Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2004 10:25:43 AM EDT
Link to see it

Not the entire upper, just the barrel.

I am wondering if the stated 16" length includes the FS?

Opinions??
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a post ban patrolmans carbine barrel and it is 16inches without the FS.

uhhh... its a neat barrel.
It points well...

My patrolmans carbine barrel just happens to shoot at 1 MOA even though its chrome lined.
I was floored. My patrolmans barrel is kinda speshul though, as its also highly magnetic and I do not know why.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#2]
My no-ban upper has a 16" DPMS 5.56mm NATO chrome lined barrel 1x9 twist, it's the same as the Bushmaster patrolman.  IIRC it actually 16.1" w/o a FS.  It's made that long because if you used the mil-spec length 14.5" you would either have to use it on a registered machinegun, a registered short barreled rifle or with perm. attached longer FS than an A2.  A perm. attached Vortex or Phantom or KKF A3 FS would bring it out the the 16" requirement.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
My LEO issue rifle has 14.5 inch bbl. The flash suppressor is removable.
It shoots well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Isn't that just Bushmnasters 16" M4 barrel?

We call this the Patrolman's Carbine Upper - an M4 profile barrel stretched to 16" length and A3 (flat-top) versions are also available. To comply with regulations, this Upper Assembly model may only be used on Pre-Ban Lower Receivers.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 3:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Wish BM made it with a 1/7 twist.
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one.  Mine is a post-ban, mounted to a BM flattop upper.  It's 16" with a bare muzzle.  Chrome lined, 1-in-9" twist.  

I like mine, it's M4 profile for reduced weight, but gave me max velocity for the minimum non-NFA length.  I don't like brakes, and didn't have a pre-ban when I bought it, so it best met my needs in early 2002 when I got it.  Of course, I made it heavier with a RAS II, M900, and EOTech.  If you don't need a faster twist for heavier bullets, it's a good choice.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've got one.  Mine is a post-ban, mounted to a BM flattop upper.  It's 16" with a bare muzzle.  Chrome lined, 1-in-9" twist.  

I like mine, it's M4 profile for reduced weight, but gave me max velocity for the minimum non-NFA length.  I don't like brakes, and didn't have a pre-ban when I bought it, so it best met my needs in early 2002 when I got it.  Of course, I made it heavier with a RAS II, M900, and EOTech.  If you don't need a faster twist for heavier bullets, it's a good choice.  

I have the same, will be leaving it post-ban after the sunset cauze I like the muzzle flash.

Ask Brad86 about the flash.

These are good barrels IMO.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The 'Patrolman's Carbine' is a 16 barrel with the M4 profile.  I had one with a mini y.  I sent it to Kurt and had him take off the comp and replace it with a fake flash hider slipped on (ala RRA's M4gery) keeping the barrel at 16 inches. So to answr your question.  It's 16 inches w/o the flash supressor
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
the patrolmen's 16" barrel is really cool... its a full 16", m4, govt. profile barrel... excellent choice if you don't mind the 1/9...  which i don't mind at all...  well i wish it was 1/8 but i'm not going to complain
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]
That's what my LaRue BUIS is sitting on right now.....  I like it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:44:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Is it chambered for 5.56 or .223?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:24:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is it chambered for 5.56 or .223?

and it's nice!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
i have one of these and i like it a lot....i just had my gunsmith put on a Yankee Hill Lightweight Rail System and flip-up gas block/front sight....just need the mount for my compact ACOG to arrive and i'll be set.....
i really like the weight and balance on this....i have 14.5" M4 barrels and Govt Profile barrels but for some reason i'm really liking this one better....?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got one sitting in my safe right now waiting for the sunset...

I'm glad to hear about its accuracy; I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Isn't that just Bushmnasters 16" M4 barrel?

Monty,

Stickman is correct, this is just Bushmaster's 16" M4 barrel.  It is 16" without the flash hider.  This is a Bushmaster preban 16" Patrolman's barrel on this rifle.  I had the bayonet lug cut off, and the EGW A2 muzzle brake is perminately attached via a blind pin to comply with the AWB.  The muzzle brake will be cut off, the threads cleaned up, and a USGI A2 compensator (flash hider) will be put on this gun this coming week.  Anyway here is a pic of the Bushmaster preban 16" Patrolman's barrel:

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Jeff!

Brother, check the date on my original post.

Then see here:

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#18]
glad to hear the positive reviews... I have one of these being delivered just in time for the sunset!!!

(along w/ a tele-stock, and the EOTech I picked up a couple weeks ago. .. going to be a fun carbine!)

rvb
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#19]
In the event that USMC03 replies to this thread, I gotta question for ya...

On your twin LEO carbines that are now accessorized, what kind of barrels are those? Were they 14.5" or 16"?

Just curious, picture had them looking less than 16" but I didn't think they were NFA...
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:59:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't know why, but I am strangely drawn to this upper over the LMT equivalent. Just curious, does this have M4 feed ramps?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I've got one sitting in my safe right now waiting for the sunset...

I'm glad to hear about its accuracy; I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks to BMaster, I've got one parked next to my No-Ban PWA lower.  Gee, will they fit together?  September 14 looms.  Inquiring minds want to know...
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:50:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Sorry Monty, didn't pay attention to the dates until you mentioned it

Semper Fi
Jeff
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top