Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 4:17:40 AM EST
Saw this on amerisurp.net just now.

"The Sightunit, Infantry, Trilux L2A2
A detachable optical sight with a magnification of four. Mfg. in England for Israeli IDF, this unit comes with an internal inverted aiming pointer for automatic fire. Also comes with AR15/M16 mount, bullet drop compensated for .223/5/56 for 250 - 450m! Prismatic optical system provides 86% light transmission. No tritium."

Not a bad price at $189.00 plus $25.00 for AR-15 mount. Is this thing ok, or just another POS?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:23:02 AM EST
They are available stateside for a bit less. The SUIT (I used them decades ago) is a simple optic more along the line of a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle) optic. Has an inverted pointer (that is actually quite nifty in practice). It is NOT a precision or even CQB device, but will allow relatively easy body hits on e-type silhouettes out to around 700m. Yes, 700m (in .7,62x51). They are essentially half of a standard binocular syste. Used a Tritium pill to illuminate th epointer, and I still love mine.

The gang over at the FAL FIles have lots of info on these. See the R&D Forum, and 'search' for SUIT there.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:25:57 AM EST
Interesting. Thanks.
Top Top