Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2003 12:56:32 PM EDT
I just picked up a 14.5" M4 type barrel and want to put a A2 flash supressor I have on it to bring it up to the legal 16" limit.

Basically I need to add a small spacer between the barrel and supressor then silver solder these onto the barrel, otherwise it would be too short.

Any ideas on who can do this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, why dont you want to use the Bilock, Vortex, Phantom or any of the other flash hiders that would reach 16"?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:02:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a small anodized washer from ASA, the only thing I would buy from them by the way.

I saw one on an ASA 14.5 (that didn't shoot worth a darn) that was factory installed and called them about it. I was helping a guy out at the range with constant jams when I noticed it.

When useing this washer and a regular A2/A1 FS it brings the barrel length to just a hair over 16" and makes it look Mil Spec. Bayonet hooks up nice too.

I posted here for somebody close to the factory to drop buy and pick it up and they did.  ASA would not bother themselves with shipping it to me...........
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Since the barrel extension is not permanently installed on the barrel, you have to start the measurement of the over all length of the barrel from the start of the chamber, to the end of the muzzle device.  

If you are using the end of the barrel extension for your start mark, someone has a non registered SBR on there hands.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Your local gunsmith should be able to properly solder/weld that FS and spacer on your barrel. Or you could ask your local gun dealer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top