Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/11/2018 1:58:31 AM
11/9/2018 9:21:38 PM
Posted: 3/6/2005 5:35:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/6/2005 5:35:45 AM EST by matterhorn762]
I've seen a bunch of AR parts claimed to be made by "Young Manufacturing" but I can't find any references or information about them. One person told me they were in Nevada. Does anybody know who are or how I can get in touch with them?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:17:32 AM EST
The only thing I have heard of, but not 100% verified, is that they make a knockoff of the Smith Enterprise Vortex FH, which they call the Vortec.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:28:19 AM EST
Young Manuf. is on the West side of Phoenix. They are very serious guys. Quality shit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 10:28:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By SailorDude:
Young Manuf. is on the West side of Phoenix. They are very serious guys. Quality shit.

You have a contact # or any way to get in touch with them by any chance?
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 5:50:00 PM EST
Good Luck. I have been looking for information on them as well and can't find squat! I think they only sell to suppliers, which of course is unfortunate.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 6:31:04 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 7:50:52 PM EST
Dan Y. spent the majority of SHOT in our booth, like Ameetec said, what do you need? I am sure we can help you find it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 8:17:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By Ameetec-Arms:
Young Manufacturing makes extremely high quality National Match Chrome Carriers

i have a YM NM carrier in my RECCE-ish thang, and it's very nice.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/6/2005 9:10:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By mongo001:
The only thing I have heard of, but not 100% verified, is that they make a knockoff of the Smith Enterprise Vortex FH, which they call the Vortec.

Mongo, you have the wrong company. You are thinking of Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc.
Link Posted: 3/6/2005 9:15:18 PM EST
Actually, YHM makes the Phantom, which is different.

Young makes the Vortec, which apparently S.E. ripped off as the vortex (+twist). I have a feeling that argument could break down into a Samson/Troy dispute, though.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:35:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By ar-jedi:

ar-jedi

How come your carrier key screws are'nt staked?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 2:46:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By rockytherotty:

i've been wondering same. i have a query into where i got the carrier. will update.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 3:04:17 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 4:13:28 AM EST
I have had a youngs manufacturing ff handguard for over two years now, it is similar to a predator in design, and they sell the parts on model 1 sales. I am impressed with the workmanship, and durability.

I use this weapon for work, and it has been banged around,,, and the ym parts have held up just as well as anything marked arms, gg&g, etc.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 6:38:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

Mongo, you have the wrong company. You are thinking of Yankee Hill Machine Co., Inc.

You are mistaken.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 7:02:41 AM EST
I was trying to get one of these Flip down front sights from them... nobody seems to carry them or respond to questions about them. One company did say the no longer did business with Young and it seemed liek it was because Young wasn't filling their orders.

Have yet t find a website for them that works either.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 7:24:00 AM EST
Les Baer sells a lot of their stuff under the LBC name. LBC Denny told me when he built one of my rifles that their carrier is the best, bar none.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:20:11 AM EST

Young makes the Vortec, which apparently S.E. ripped off as the vortex (+twist) .
================
And the prima facie evidence for that claim exists where? You see where this is headed, right?
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:10:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By mach6:
Young makes the Vortec, which apparently S.E. ripped off as the vortex (+twist) .
================
And the prima facie evidence for that claim exists where? You see where this is headed, right?

Did you read my whole post, or just one sentence? That wouldn't be prima facie, anyhow.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 9:26:58 AM EST

Yes, now I recall some more of what Young does. As for the Vortec/Vortex issue - I haven't verified who ripped off who, and I guess I really don't care, because the Vortex is clearly the better product. If it comes down to me having to buy Vortex FHs from Youngs vs Smith, then I will.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 1:34:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By Soulrack223:
Les Baer sells a lot of their stuff under the LBC name. LBC Denny told me when he built one of my rifles that their carrier is the best, bar none.

that is correct...
www.lesbaer.com/ar223b.html

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 1:35:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By JohnM:
Locktite?
JohnM ay Home

exactly that, according to Denny @ GTS.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/7/2005 1:56:46 PM EST

Locktite?
JohnM ay Home

ar-jedi

That's not milspec!!

Link Posted: 3/7/2005 3:28:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By rockytherotty:

i've been wondering same. i have a query into where i got the carrier. will update.

ar-jedi

Smith Enterprises also does not stake their carrier keys.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 4:07:28 PM EST

Locktite?
JohnM ay Home

ar-jedi

That's not milspec!!

if you are DELTA team ZULU on special forces compartmentalized secure operation encrypted overnight camping trip assignments you can use non-milspec parts on your weapons. the sales brochure said so.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/7/2005 4:20:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/7/2005 4:20:37 PM EST by mongo001]

Locktite?
JohnM ay Home

ar-jedi

That's not milspec!!

if you are DELTA team ZULU on special forces compartmentalized secure operation encrypted overnight camping trip assignments you can use non-milspec parts on your weapons. the sales brochure said so.

ar-jedi

Ok, mister, I'm going to need to see some ID.
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 4:24:53 PM EST

Ok, mister, I'm going to need to see some ID.www.smileys.ws/sm/angry/00000014.gif

that's me on the cover below...

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/7/2005 8:23:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hoplophile:

Originally Posted By Raptor22:

You are mistaken.

You are correct, my bad! I now remember that SAW Sales had used a Vortec on a member's Colt 14.5" M4 upper (instead of a Smith Vortex) and that ignited a shitstorm here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:17:39 AM EST
A friend of mine at the materials lab at ARDEC has both the YM and the SEI examples, along with some other muzzle devices. It'll be fascinating to see how they compare. I can only imagine the deltas on surface and core hardness, not to mention a definitive characterization of what materials are used. Should be a good read. Hopefully, they'll be a way to gt the info posted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 4:21:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By mach6:
A friend of mine at the materials lab at ARDEC has both the YM and the SEI examples, along with some other muzzle devices. It'll be fascinating to see how they compare. I can only imagine the deltas on surface and core hardness, not to mention a definitive characterization of what materials are used. Should be a good read. Hopefully, they'll be a way to gt the info posted.

Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:00:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/9/2005 11:27:21 AM EST by rockytherotty]

Originally Posted By M-Forgery:
Smith Enterprises also does not stake their carrier keys.

I have a older Smith, chrome M16 carrier that the key screws are staked. I have no idea how old it is though?
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 11:37:19 AM EST
I have a young bolt carrier on my MSTN built upper... All I can say is that it is great and have not had problems with it...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:05:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:46:41 AM EST
i saw some forends by YM posted in the tacked thread and havent been able to find anything about them online
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:42:00 AM EST
I bought 2 Y/M forearm grips @ a New Mexico gun show last year. when I purchased them, I had no idea who Y/M was. I just could see that the product was quality.
Top Top