Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/6/2005 12:33:45 PM EDT
Yankee Hill A1 flip-up BUIS.

Just wanted to get feedback before I order it.
I prefer the A1 to the A2 style sight.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Guess nobody has tried one, looks like I need to get it and write a review.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
DR,

Your questiopn was Bad to Say....I was going to reply with my good experience, but I waited a few days.

YHM is an excellent quality sight.  I have a YH on one of my AR's and it is great.  I may get flamed, but they are every bit as good as ARMS and the others.  How do I know, I have or have had them all.

For the $ you cannot beat YHM.

The YHM quad is rock solid, I mean, rock solid.  The Harris Bi-Pod adapter is also good.   In summary there products are well worth buying.

77Bronc

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
At $90ea, it's a no brainer to step up to, say a ARMS #40, KAC 300m or Troy, found used on the EE almost every week for $100 or so.  I'd bet they are more than adequate, though, but I can't see myself getting one with other, "higher quality" sights available for nearly the same price.  IMO & YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At $90ea, it's a no brainer to step up to, say a ARMS #40, KAC 300m or Troy, found used on the EE almost every week for $100 or so.  I'd bet they are more than adequate, though, but I can't see myself getting one with other, "higher quality" sights available for nearly the same price.  IMO & YMMV.

Well,  I have a chance to get one of these YHM A1 flip-ups for about $40. If that falls through, the Troy SKD BUIS is my first choice.

I'll check the EE also, I don't mind used as long as it's functional.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
DR,

Your questiopn was Bad to Say....I was going to reply with my good experience, but I waited a few days.

YHM is an excellent quality sight.  I have a YH on one of my AR's and it is great.  I may get flamed, but they are every bit as good as ARMS and the others.  How do I know, I have or have had them all.

The YHM quad is rock solid, I mean, rock solid.  The Harris Bi-Pod adapter is also good.   In summary there products are well worth buying.

77Bronc

Sorry about the title, edited.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds good especially since I have a chance to get one for about $40.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DR,

77Bronc

Sorry about the title, edited.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds good especially since I have a chance to get one for about $40.

Hell, even I'd try one at $40.  That's a good price.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well,  I have a chance to get one of these YHM A1 flip-ups for about $40. If that falls through, the Troy SKD BUIS is my first choice.

$40!!  Get it!

Are there more at this price?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$40!!  Get it!

Are there more at this price?

Nope, it was on ebay. ending up being $55 and I was unable to get get shipping rates from the seller, so rather than being raped on shipping I passed on it. (once paid $10 shipping for a 1/2 oz item that cost $12 because I didn't ask what shipping was )

Still looking for a good price on one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:51:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Any time I want a YHM product, I go to BrightFlashlights...  My guess is the A1 would run $70 or so.  

I would never purchase directly from YHM.  They make great products, but they charge more and take longer than Calvin.  Heck, I usually receive my stuff in 2 days!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Any time I want a YHM product, I go to BrightFlashlights...  My guess is the A1 would run $70 or so.  

I would never purchase directly from YHM.  They make great products, but they charge more and take longer than Calvin.  Heck, I usually receive my stuff in 2 days!

Thanks for the tip.
I have sent an IM to the man.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I purchased a sling adapter and a accuwedge direct from YHM and got it in a few days. Their stuff is quality and the prices are great.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top