Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/6/2005 12:33:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 3:01:15 PM EDT by _DR]
Yankee Hill A1 flip-up BUIS.

Just wanted to get feedback before I order it.
I prefer the A1 to the A2 style sight.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:39:29 AM EDT
Guess nobody has tried one, looks like I need to get it and write a review.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:58:18 PM EDT
DR,

Your questiopn was Bad to Say....I was going to reply with my good experience, but I waited a few days.

YHM is an excellent quality sight. I have a YH on one of my AR's and it is great. I may get flamed, but they are every bit as good as ARMS and the others. How do I know, I have or have had them all.

For the $ you cannot beat YHM.

The YHM quad is rock solid, I mean, rock solid. The Harris Bi-Pod adapter is also good. In summary there products are well worth buying.

77Bronc

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:46:08 PM EDT
At $90ea, it's a no brainer to step up to, say a ARMS #40, KAC 300m or Troy, found used on the EE almost every week for $100 or so. I'd bet they are more than adequate, though, but I can't see myself getting one with other, "higher quality" sights available for nearly the same price. IMO & YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:04:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mongo001:
At $90ea, it's a no brainer to step up to, say a ARMS #40, KAC 300m or Troy, found used on the EE almost every week for $100 or so. I'd bet they are more than adequate, though, but I can't see myself getting one with other, "higher quality" sights available for nearly the same price. IMO & YMMV.

Well, I have a chance to get one of these YHM A1 flip-ups for about $40. If that falls through, the Troy SKD BUIS is my first choice.

I'll check the EE also, I don't mind used as long as it's functional.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:06:29 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
DR,

Your questiopn was Bad to Say....I was going to reply with my good experience, but I waited a few days.

YHM is an excellent quality sight. I have a YH on one of my AR's and it is great. I may get flamed, but they are every bit as good as ARMS and the others. How do I know, I have or have had them all.

The YHM quad is rock solid, I mean, rock solid. The Harris Bi-Pod adapter is also good. In summary there products are well worth buying.

77Bronc

Sorry about the title, edited.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds good especially since I have a chance to get one for about $40.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 3:52:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By _DR:

Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
DR,

77Bronc

Sorry about the title, edited.
Thanks for the feedback, sounds good especially since I have a chance to get one for about $40.

Hell, even I'd try one at $40. That's a good price.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:37:47 AM EDT

Well, I have a chance to get one of these YHM A1 flip-ups for about $40. If that falls through, the Troy SKD BUIS is my first choice.

$40!! Get it!

Are there more at this price?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 9:15:35 AM EDT by _DR]

Originally Posted By Forest:

$40!! Get it!

Are there more at this price?

Nope, it was on ebay. ending up being $55 and I was unable to get get shipping rates from the seller, so rather than being raped on shipping I passed on it. (once paid $10 shipping for a 1/2 oz item that cost $12 because I didn't ask what shipping was )

Still looking for a good price on one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:51:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 7:52:46 AM EDT by Onslaught]
Any time I want a YHM product, I go to BrightFlashlights... My guess is the A1 would run $70 or so.

I would never purchase directly from YHM. They make great products, but they charge more and take longer than Calvin. Heck, I usually receive my stuff in 2 days!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:33:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/8/2005 9:16:12 AM EDT by _DR]

Originally Posted By Onslaught:
Any time I want a YHM product, I go to BrightFlashlights... My guess is the A1 would run $70 or so.

I would never purchase directly from YHM. They make great products, but they charge more and take longer than Calvin. Heck, I usually receive my stuff in 2 days!

Thanks for the tip.
I have sent an IM to the man.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:38:43 AM EDT
I purchased a sling adapter and a accuwedge direct from YHM and got it in a few days. Their stuff is quality and the prices are great.
Top Top