Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 6:31:41 PM EDT
I just read about this lower handguard that is suppose to secure tighter then the normal bottom section of a RAS.
Anyone got any experience with it? price? availability?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i have never heard of it yet, well, till now that is
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Not positive but, I think I recall having read that some SAS folks had mounted their RIS'/RAS' upside down so that the more rigid top rail would be useable for vertical grips. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Never seen it, but Cal's Sporting Armory lists it for sale. I think it clamps to the barrel nut.

At the link, about 1/3 down the page.

KAC MWS/Cals Sporting Armory
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:40:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The lower portion of the RAS has the same clamping device as the upper portion.  Works great, nice and tight "hardly" any wiggle compared to the stock lower portion.  I got one frpm Wes at MSTN last year.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I have always been intrigued by this item.  

They are a little too pricey for me as I would need three of them for each of my RIS/RAS equipped carbines.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
PDF File that explains the SAS rail

thank you lumpy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top