Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/26/2013 2:30:07 AM EDT
Who is a good seller to get a Trijicon ta31 RCO from?  I see prices are a couple hundred less than most other online retailers.  $1200 is a lot of money and I'd rather not get scammed.
What have you guys experienced?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Anytime I buy off of ebay, I ask for proof of being a registered dealer. The FIRST thing you should do if the purchase goes through is call the manufacturer and verify it is legitimate. If the seller does not provide proof, move on. It has been approximately 50/50 in my experience.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:02:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anytime I buy off of ebay, I ask for proof of being a registered dealer. The FIRST thing you should do if the purchase goes through is call the manufacturer and verify it is legitimate. If the seller does not provide proof, move on. It has been approximately 50/50 in my experience.
View Quote

Call trijicon to verify they are a dealer?  Or eBay?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:37:38 AM EDT
[#3]
It's called pay-pal   and I buy about 20 grand a year off ebay.  cars, bikes, snowmobiles, motors, engines,     I have got a refund for the few things  that didn't meet  the muster.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 3:57:36 AM EDT
[#4]
If it is a volume dealer and lets me pay with Paypal, I am double covered (eBay and Paypal). I'd wouldn't hesitate to buy anything pricey given these conditions. My last purchase was a new-in-the-box TR24G for $710 shipped. Seller had a FB ratting over 20K and everything shipped from the United States. No Fear.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 4:14:58 AM EDT
[#5]
No, too risky for valuable products. I usually find what I need from a reputable dealer for a good price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Beware stolen property being unloaded on eBay. Years back i bought a used EOTech 552 and later after selling to someone else, NCIS paid me a visit. Awkward. Not sure if they went to the other buyer and got the property back but I never heard again from NCIS (or the other buyer). On the other hand, there are reputable stores out there that use eBay to sell. I bought some Trijicon stuff from OpticsPlanet at decent prices using a 'submit best offer' option.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Never have, never will.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beware stolen property being unloaded on eBay. Years back i bought a used EOTech 552 and later after selling to someone else, NCIS paid me a visit. Awkward. Not sure if they went to the other buyer and got the property back but I never heard again from NCIS (or the other buyer). On the other hand, there are reputable stores out there that use eBay to sell. I bought some Trijicon stuff from OpticsPlanet at decent prices using a 'submit best offer' option.
View Quote

Optics planet is about $200 more
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#9]
No 'submit best offer' choice for the item you want? I got lucky on my Trijicon optic then. This was about 3 years ago on an RX30 w/TA51 mount. Haven't been in the market for the RCO.
Lots of other places besides stores on eBay. Heck, Black Friday sales may be the time for you to buy. Can you wait/shop around more or do you have the need now for the RCO? Wish I could afford one!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top