Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/27/2004 9:41:41 AM EST
I was looking around at the different kits available and I saw that Ameetec Arms offers an M4 type kit for a comparable price when compared to JT distributing and Model1Sales. So my question is: Has anybody used an Ameetec Arms kit? how do they compare? what comes standard what doesn't?

I don't want any bashing just honest opinions.

krackels
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:32:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/28/2004 12:34:23 PM EST by 89grand]
Here's what it seems like to me. The Model 1 is about $455, but doesn't include a chrome lined barrel or a M4 buttstock, it comes with a 3 position CAR stock. Now when you add the cost of the chrome lined barrel and M4 buttstock the total price is about $520. The Ameetec M4 upper includes a chrome lined barrel and M4 stock and it's $520 so they're really the exact same price.

I've been torn between the Model 1 and Ameetec myself, If I buy the Model 1 I'll only have to pay shipping (about $10-15), if I buy the Ameetec which is local for me I'll have to pay state sales tax (about $40). I'm buying a lower from Ameetec this week, but that worked out better for me, sales tax of about $8 instead of $20-30 to have one shipped to a FFL and do the transfer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:15:56 PM EST
The way I figure it is if the prices are so close I'd take Ameetec over Model1 just because I think I'd trust them more and then there's the whole deal with people not specifying they want a 5.56mm chamber and they get .223 and visa versa. What I'm really interested to know is if I buy a kit and a lower from them will that incur any other charges?

I thought I read that if you buy a lower and kit or upper reciever you may get hit with a federal tax or something.

Krackels
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:06:45 AM EST
I don't think so. You won't get charged any kind of federal tax even if you bought a complete firearm from them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:01:16 AM EST
You won't get charged tax because you live in another state. But you might have to be charged a transfer fee if you buy a striped lower. Not sure about a lower already assembled with the parts and buttstock.

I bought a stripped lower from Ameetec and had to fill out the same paperwork as I would for the purchase of a pistol.
Top Top