Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2009 5:47:24 AM EDT
I've got a variety of AR Carbines. Some with MagPul CTR buttstocks and some with MagPul UBR buttstocks. All with CTR's also have Gear Sector SPRE-R Burnsed loops. I have single point Gear Sector ASP slings and Viking - LaRue 2-point Slings. I like the Larue with the UBR but don't like having to attach it to the rear of thr stock on the CTR equipped carbines. I like a 2 point sling attached on the very left rear of the handguard and the left rear of the receiver.

But I can't adapt the LaRue to the Burnsed loop. Its strictly a QD animal. The picture of the Gear Sector GS-2P that I have seen looks like it works like a LaRue without the padding but can use all the ASP adapters at both ends. So I could use it with either the ASP Burnsed loop adaper or the ASP QD adapter on the back end.

Am I correct about the GS-2P being basically the same design as the LaRue and with the same type of adjustment? Has anyone tried the GS-2P? Opinions versus Viking-Larue or Blue Force Gear VICKERS sling?

Brazos Jack
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak to the other slings, but I really like my GS-2P sling.  I have it attached with a QD adapter to the rear most portion of my left side rail and to the stock (collapsible).  I would imagine with the right adapter end on the sling you could attach it to the Burnsed loop.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a GS 2P on my work carbine that I carry in my cruiser every day.  It is attached to a Tango Down PR4 on the buffer tube and a Daniel Defense QD swivel on the rear of the rail.  The Tango Down has 3 QD points (left, center, and right).  This allows me to be able to turn the 2P into a 1P in a matter of seconds.  On my work shotgun I use a BFG/VCAS simply because the Gear Sector is a little too short.  I also have an ASP sling that I can swap back and forth between the rifle and shotgun if I choose.  I am considering getting the new agency adapter to try and lengthen the GS 2P enough to make on fit on my shotgun.  I am not sure how well it will work though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a FN TPS with a Magpul M93B stock.  I am using a GG&G front sling adapter.  The front is attached using the standard adapter and the rear is using a QD swivel on the side of the M93B.

ETA:  I also have a Magpul sling loop on teh left side that has an adapter attached so that I can pull off the 2P sling and throw on an ASP sling.
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]
GS-2P, FSA, and Agency Adapter.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A few people.

m24shooter,

Thanks for posting this,

I got to page 5 to find out that my 2 ASP's and the stubs on all my carbines are incompatible with all the "Gen 2" GS slings. So if I want to be able to go back and forth I just have to chunk what I've got and start over. May need to wait a while to make sure Gen 3 is backward compatible with Gen 2.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:28:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't know you had Gen I stuff, or I would have mentioned that.  But it sounds like Jason has you taken care of anyway.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got to page 5 to find out that my 2 ASP's and the stubs on all my carbines are incompatible with all the "Gen 2" GS slings.

The FAQ on our website clearly states that GEN I and GEN II components are incompatible. A quick ( toll free ) phone call would have also explained it and saved you from reading 5 pages.

So if I want to be able to go back and forth I just have to chunk what I've got and start over.

Negative. Shoot me an email or give me a call and I will replace all your GEN I units with GEN II equivalents.

May need to wait a while to make sure Gen 3 is backward compatible with Gen 2.

Negative. GEN III and onward will continue to use the same hardware as GEN II.

Jason, email sent

Brazos Jack
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:58:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So if I want to be able to go back and forth I just have to chunk what I've got and start over.

Negative. Shoot me an email or give me a call and I will replace all your GEN I units with GEN II equivalents.

Another example of Jason's OUTSTANDING level of customer service.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]
It's a good sling, I use one and Jason is good people... what else do you want to know...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top