Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/30/2002 5:19:25 PM EDT
I like the smoked amber clear mags available on the SIG rifles.  Anything like that available for the AR15?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
 First let me say welcome to the site![beer]

I know there is one mag that was made to swap from the Mini-14 to the AR15. The only ones that I have seen were aftermarket mags and they should be avoided IMO.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#2]
DPMS sells smoked transparent mags.

10 rounders only though...

[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=11534&CATID=494[/url]

I have two if you are interested.  Will sell for $35 shipped in the US.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
EAgle has clear AR mags....high capacity

I have a few Ram-Line smoke mags that fit in both the AR and the MINI-14. It comes in handy having one mag for two rifles....makes things alot easier.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the welcome.

Is there a link to the Eagle High Capacity version?  Is this a 30 round mag?  I appreciate your help.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunbroker is your friend.

a quick search showed:

Eagle 30 round
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6798377[/url]

Ramline AR-15/Mini-14/Etc..
[url]http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=6779221[/url]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you very much.  I'm going to look into those now!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
THey are both pretty decent. I have several ram line's and i love them. I don't have any eagles for the AR, but i have a few for my .30-06, and they work great. I can only assume the same for the AR version.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Have 3 Ramline's I have been using for at least 10 years in 2,AR's and 2,Mini-14's. Have fired over a thousand rounds through all combined. Have not had a single problem with reliability, no cracked lips, and no degradation of plastic.
All 3 mags have been exposed to various cleaners/lubricants on the guns including WD40.

Link Posted: 1/1/2003 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have 3 Ramline's I have been using for at least 10 years in 2,AR's and 2,Mini-14's. Have fired over a thousand rounds through all combined. Have not had a single problem with reliability, no cracked lips, and no degradation of plastic.
All 3 mags have been exposed to various cleaners/lubricants on the guns including WD40.

View Quote

I'm goign to have to agree there. I ahve never had a jam with my ram line mags. THey seem to work as well as the factory ruger mags.

Troy, what kind of mags were you having trouble with? I can understand that plastic is goign to be more brittle. But i have never had problems with mine. I don't own any Eagle mags for the AR, but i have a few for my Remington 7400. The eagles seem to be VERY heavy duty for plastic. THEy are thick and i've dropped them many times... even stepped on them with not so much as a whimper.

IF there is a particular brand to avoid, by all means spread the word. But i can confirm, no problems with my ram lines.

[:)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 11:31:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I think he's talking about these Ram-Line mags in just ARs. He's saying that the feed lips will soon crack in ARs. I think.... if not then......

[noclue]
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Back 15 years or so ago there was a company called Defensive Moulding Enterprises that made clear mags for the AR-15, but I have not seen any in a long time......
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I was just on Midway USA and ran across some transparent AR Mags.  Seems like they were in the $20 to $30 dollar range.

- Nw -
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I have 2 ramlines. Ones smokey, & the other is clear. They look cool in the rifle, but one of mine is seperating at the top. It's fun to load, I put in about 20 or so rounds & when I reach for the next it goes off full aotu on me! it fun to watch but I would never trust my life to them. I'm thinkinh of throwing the fun one away. Want it? I think super glue, or tape would fix it!!!
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top