Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:59:13 PM EDT
The prices on the net are much higher than local shops. Why should I pay near 4.50 per box of 20, when I pay 7.73 for 40 rounds at Wallyworld? Sure, they may not have 1,000 rounds at a time, but its enough usually for a decent shoot during a weekend. With prices as high as they are, is there any reason to buy online, when I can buy the same product locally, for less?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Wally World don't sell 5.56.  

Plus other speciality loads are sometimes hard to find locally, and the internet is also pretty decent for Wolf.  YMMV
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:17:15 AM EDT
[#2]
More ammo on the net for me. What ammo are you comparing to the WWB 223?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I don't have to support Wal-Mart for one. Are you sure you are buying the exact same product?

Ordering off the net means they bring it to me. I like that. The shipping can be cheaper than sales tax.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#4]
My cheapest source of ammo is our local gunshows. The dealer I buy from is cheaper than wallmart
our anyplace I have seen on the internet and I do not have to pay for shipping.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:18:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The prices on the net are much higher than local shops. Why should I pay near 4.50 per box of 20, when I pay 7.73 for 40 rounds at Wallyworld? Sure, they may not have 1,000 rounds at a time, but its enough usually for a decent shoot during a weekend. With prices as high as they are, is there any reason to buy online, when I can buy the same product locally, for less?

Sounds like you are compairing 5.56 ammo to the .223 spec WWB.  For example WWB is $.19/round+tax  Georgia Arms canned heat is $.17/round+shipping Wolf .223 $.12/round.  It pays to order in bulk over the net.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Apples to oranges comparisons.

But buy where you like, and what shoots in your gun.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top