Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 8:34:49 AM EDT
I originally ordered a LaRue SPR 1" mount with plans to buy a Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x20 scope for my 16" Carbine.  However, I have done quite a bit more research and have changed my mind.  Thankfully, I never bought the Leupold scope and never opened the LaRue package.  Does anyone have any reason why I should not return the LaRue SPR 1" mount in exchange for a LaRue SPR-E 30mm mount/Burris XTR 1-4x24 combo?  It will be a bit more expensive, but I will get true 1x, BDC, and illumination.  This scope seems to get consistent outstanding reviews.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I currently have a Vortex Viper PST 1-4x on backorder / preorder at optics planet.

That said, I am about ready to cancel that and go with the Burris as well.

The Viper MAY be the equal of the Burris, but until it is actually out in the market we wont know. So, do you holdout and hope? or go for a known good performer?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my 3 gun rifle, and it's good glass. Don't get underwhelmed by the illumination though - it's good on dark targets or later in the day, but it washes out to black in full-on sunlight. I personally like it that way, but I know of some people that don't.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The XTR is an awesome scope!  True 1x, BDC, huge FOV, illumination, great glass....I bought my dad one and know I want one for myself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The XTR is awsome scope!  True 1x, BDC, huge FOV, illumination, great glass....I bought my dad one and know I want one for myself.

Well said. I like my XTR-14/SPR-E a lot!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep the SPR, and get the Larue SPR-E 30mm as well, if cost isn't too much of a concern. You never know when you might need, or want, a scope with a 1" tube,  to play with.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Keep the SPR, and get the Larue SPR-E 30mm as well, if cost isn't too much of a concern. You never know when you might need, or want, a scope with a 1" tube,  to play with.

No...I needed the $195 trade in from the SPR-M4 to be able to swing the price of the Burris/LaRue SPR-E combo.  Too much else I want to keep it.  Seeing no negatives, I sent off my mount for exchange earlier today.  Maybe I'll get lucky and get it sometime next week.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top