Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/16/2004 8:36:25 AM EST
they're a bit expensive but I really like the idea of the fast conversion by dropping the block into place from above. It would be for use with an RRA free-float flat-top upper and Uzi magazines on an M16. Any pitfalls? Any better mag blocks available? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:54:47 AM EST
Yes..good reason in my opinion.....

I have and I spent about a year and 1/2 trying to debug my jamming problem. I switched to a VM Hytech and the problem went away instantly.

The Hytech is even easier to install. It goes in from the bottom and catches on the lower reciever mag catch. On top of that you dont have to modify your uzi mags...the Hytech uses the original factory hole.

ASA's product may work fine and mine might be out of spec but the thing I didnt like was that they couldnt solve the problem after several trips to their shop.

I also think the Hytech is a superior product.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:23:15 AM EST
Thanks Ronbo. The only reason I wasn't considering the hytec is because I didn't much care for the hanging down bit or the mag release. I was really hoping to retain the standard mag release. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:01:47 AM EST
Personally, I like the ASA magwell blocks. The newer ones seem to be a bit tight in the 9mm magwell, but that can be opened up if needed.

Hahn machine now makes a drop-in-from-the-top block also, but I have no experience with them.

I likw the security of the blocks that insert from the top. In the past, I have had the bottom-insertion types shift on me after some fast mag changes during competition, which bound up the gun and cost me a match. I have never had my ASA block move once the upper receiver was locked down.

I can see how the Hytech would appeal to some people, but I'm left-handed and the mag catch is very awkward for us "southpaws". There's also the possibility that during the heat of competition, you might "revert" and hit the regular mag catch, dumping both the mag and the magwell block.

It all depends on your particular situation.
Top Top