Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 7:45:50 PM EDT
I see some nice spec illuminated AR optics from NcStar going for $60-70. Are these any good?  OK OK I'm not expecting the world here but I'd like to get a fairly nice quick detach scope for my M4.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#1]
You'll get three kinds of replies:

1) People who don't have one and will tell you to buy a $600 Leupold/Swarovski/Kahles instead.
2) People who have them and say they're OK for the money.
3) People who have them and they didn't work.

I do have one, and for light duty goofing around with, it seems to work fine. Bullets hit where I'm aiming at, within the limits of my own incompetence. Would I put it on a varmint SPR ? Probably not. But for popping the occasional coyote it's fine. If it breaks in a few years, I'm out $50.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm with Zhukov.  I've had one for a few months, just recently replaced it with an Aimpoint finally.  I used the carry handle Nstar 4x scope as an easy, cheap solution.  It was a son of a bitch to sight in, since it seems like each click is completely random as to how much it will change the aim point.  But, other than that, my bullets generally hit where I aimed.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top