Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/9/2003 1:44:54 PM EDT
I've been getting the run around for over two weeks from them. I was told by Jesse everything was in stock when I ordered it and I would have it the next week. When it didn't come they were out of barrels the next call was they were out of carry handle parts then they were going out the next day. Today I was told they all left for a show and they would not ship out anything until sometime next week!

I called them last Friday and told them to just ship the kit without the carry handle and send it when they had all the parts and the woman I spoke to said that would be fine.

I might have to look at these other sights and take my $532.00 elsewhere.

A simple phone call to me would have gone a long way.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 4:07:45 PM EDT
Three days.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 4:26:39 PM EDT
A-Free-Man, Thanks now I feel worse.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 5:27:50 PM EDT
I am stuned. I got my kit in 3 days. The handguards were to loose, so they replaced them for free. Also got those in 3/4 days.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 5:37:36 PM EDT
I ordered an M4 kit on 3/21. First they were out of barrels. Then they were out of carry handles. Then the barrels came in but they were screwed up and had to be reordered. Now they are at a shoot while my kit sits there and not here. Was told it would ship early next week, after the only weekend I can put this thing together has passed. Now I have to wait until the end of May to put it together. Thanks J&T.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 6:43:34 PM EDT
Got mine in about 5 days. I ordered a tactical lightweight kit with a few changes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2003 7:41:25 PM EDT
I ordered March 28 and still have not got it. I called earlier this week and was told it would be a few more days. Still nothing!!! I sure hope the quality is worth the wait...
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 3:30:44 AM EDT
I got mine in a week as well and Jesse couldn't be nicer. You've caught them at a bad time in the middle of Gun Show new season. Knob Creek is this weekend which is a big one for their area. Hang in there, you will be pleased with the quality. Even though they are normally fast, it would be worth the wait if they weren't.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 6:06:43 AM EDT
I ordered mine about 2 weeks ago. I called and they said they're awaiting barrels. However, it would have been nice if they contacted me and told me that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 7:44:22 AM EDT
You guys need to calm down a bit. I just finished a J&T kit. I had a little waiting to do after I ordered, and some back-order components too. Just a little context, folks: We're at war, the AWB may sunset or it may be made more totalitarian in nature, things are uncertain, and people are buying a lot of guns and accessories. Its that simple. Go to the ammo sites like CTD, etc., and look at how quickly ammo is flying off the shelfs. J&T have one of the best values in AR-15 rifles right now, and that makes demand for their products high. High demand introduces problems with turn around and back orders, period. If you want guaranteed next-day delivery, go pay double-price at one of the "big boys." But seriously, try and cut these guys some slack. There are a lot of people who couldn't even afford an AR-15 if it weren't for the value provided by J&T. And, for the poster who missed his ideal weekend for putting the rifle together: Don't sweat it. Mine took about an hour to assemble all told. Just stay up late on a worknight!
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 12:58:41 PM EDT
Got mine in 6 days from the time my card was charged (I guess that's not so great, since they are about an hour and a half from me, but I'd say it was more UPS' fault than J&T's). Like somebody else said, everybody and his brother is trying to get there hands on kits, Knob Creek is a HUGE sale time here, and backorders do happen. My kit was worth the wait, it went together in about 2 hours (between jobs at work, gotta love night shift). It was definitely worth the wait, the rifle is gorgeous, and it looks as good as any of the Bushmaster's I've seen lately without the price increase. Michael
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 1:25:02 PM EDT
I hear what you are saying Gonzo but when I called I asked and was told "Yep it is all in stock for what you want, today is Wednesday and you should have it Monday or Tuesday". I called 3 times since then and they told me 3 different reasons for why it did not ship yet. Yesterday I was told they won't ship anything this week at all because they all left for Knob Creek, is that where my parts went for my kit? or are they just taking orders? I know I'll be tickled when I get my kit and really do not want to come across as a big a$$ but like I said in my first post, " A phone call would have gone a long way"
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 3:41:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GonzoAR15-1: You guys need to calm down a bit. And, for the poster who missed his ideal weekend for putting the rifle together: Don't sweat it. Mine took about an hour to assemble all told. Just stay up late on a worknight!
View Quote
I didn't miss the ideal weekend. I missed the ONLY weekend. I probably could stay up late and put it together, so then until the end of May I would have a very effective paper weight. I am not upset because it is taking a long time. I am upset because they told have told me that it would be here in 2-3 days 3 times. I asked them if I would have it by 4-11 when I ordered it and they said ABSOUTELY. Will I have it by then? NO. Honestly, I don't care if it takes two months, just tell me that the first time so I will know and don't string me along. Is that really too much to ask?
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 5:24:47 PM EDT
Amen GunsABlazin. If Jesse told me 2 to 3 weeks then that's what I would have expected but he told me the following week. Each time I call it is something different. And Gonzo as far as "go some where else and pay double", I will before I get the run around twice. I'm always happy to pay for the service as well as the goods.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 10:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2003 10:46:55 AM EDT by eddiesar15]
I ordered mine and recieved it in the time said,but then again,that was 1yr ago. I recently ordered one for a friend,and they shipped the wrong upper,that was two weeks ago,I told my friend to be patient,thats easy for me to say cause,I already have mine. Its worth the wait, its a good AR15 product for the money,just be patient. Live-long- Shoot-well
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 11:01:02 AM EDT
I ordered my upper from brownells, a DPMS. Ordered it at 10am monday, it was shipped by 12, and it arrived already. Some companies have it down at least :)
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 11:57:03 AM EDT
If Jesse told me 2 to 3 weeks then that's what I would have expected but he told me the following week. Each time I call it is something different.
View Quote
Well, that's a different take and surely one that justifies some level of frustration. As someone with a fair share of business experience, it still seems to me that something is happening in J&T's supply line that makes their "process" for tracking and predicting inventory all messed up. In part, the war is surely partially to blame, as the military has probably ordered some parts tool. But I agree with you that once J&T figured out that they were going to miss the boat or have supply side problems, they should have immediately ceased giving "guaranteed" delivery dates. Of course, then, the complaints here would have been about the "open ended" nature of the timeline. When a manufacture can't get its widgets out the door fast enough, there's really nothing it can do other than communicate with its customers, which it sounds like needs to increase over at J&T.
And Gonzo as far as "go some where else and pay double", I will before I get the run around twice. I'm always happy to pay for the service as well as the goods.
View Quote
As are most of us. For me, I'm not sure there is any amount of service that could justify almost doubling the price of something. But, that is a personal assessment and all consumers are different. I'm also sitting here with my M4 while you are still waiting for your kit, and I will not be so silly as to suggest I would not be just as frustrated were I in your shoes. I guess my bottom line is that J&T has impressed me pretty significantly as a business, not only with the quality of the fit, finish, etc., on my rifle, but also in the "after the sale" support too. My perception is that the delay difficulties are an unexpected situation with them, and that they are coping as well as they can, although certainly not perfectly. Regards, Gonz.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 5:01:58 PM EDT
UPS tried to deliver mine 7 days after they recieved the money order. I had to wait until the following week to have it delivered because of work. I think the kit is great and won't hesitate to order from J&T again. Sarge:)
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 6:23:53 PM EDT
It's all good Gonzo, I have plenty of other stuff to do. I think the final straw for me was when I told them on a Friday to go ahead and ship the kit and back order the carry handle so I could work on it and the woman at J&T said O.K., On Wednesday I called to see where it was at and was told everybody went to the show and we will not ship anything until next week.[>(] From what I have read on this board I know I will be pleased when it's all said and done.
Link Posted: 4/11/2003 7:58:42 PM EDT
3404 Good luck on you're AR15 project,hope everthing is delivered to you're door step,some time soon.
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 5:47:41 PM EDT
And to follow up... as of this weekend, I have about 650 rounds through my J&T CAR kit, mostly SA battle pack ammo, some handloads. Not one single malfunction... went bang every time. I am very pleased with my J&T Carbine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 6:48:28 PM EDT
All I ordered was a stock and got F'D around on the phone for a week. "HE's gone I'll have him call you back"....."I Don't handle on-line orders"......"He's out till Monday"...."I'm sure he sent it out"...After all this BS JT will never see another $ from me. [sniper2] [headbang]
Link Posted: 4/13/2003 7:44:06 PM EDT
For those not in the know I have met both J & T. Nice folks who try hard. Understand, this is a small family owned business that is experiencing phenominal growth due to the quality of their products. Word of mouth breeds demand of hot items and sometimes third party suppliers are not in sinc with a smaller opperation. comparing them to brownells that orders millions of $$s worth of inventory, sells a few hundred million a year and can afford vast MRP systems to track everything is not really fair. J&T will deliver but they are more personal and word of mouth / net oriented. It will be worth the wait. My upper fits my bushy lower better than the bushy upper does. Also more accurate than the bushie, and thats saying alot. Patience will be rewarded.
Link Posted: 4/14/2003 4:34:00 PM EDT
I can understand that they are busy but after a while it gets old. I talked to Jack today and cancelled my order and politely explained why. I while try them again on my next build after all the good things that I have heard about them. On another note I did pick up a kit from Sherluk's at the Medina, Ohio gun show. I got a 20" A3 kit with a Wilson Chrome lined barrel, it has no front sight but has the base to attach one or a accessory. Price $475.00, $50.00 of that was for the chrome bore.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 12:39:04 AM EDT
Got a lower parts kit from them in 5 days, it took a little over two weeks for an m4forgery upper. Pretty good service.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:10:22 AM EDT
I recently went through everything that you guys are talking about, the runaround, no one could give a definent answer, etc., etc. Nice product, but their customer service needs some work.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:33:52 AM EDT
I just cancelled my order from J&T. Nothing personal towards them but in the time that has passed since I ordered (almost a month) I started building mine from scratch. Will still order parts from J&T but nothing that requires a barrel or a carry handle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 8:36:37 PM EDT
Mine took 6 weeks. Ordered first of Feb and didn't get the kit until mid March. I was continually told 2 weeks. Nice kit but next time I'll try someone else.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 8:49:56 PM EDT
I called yesterday and the barrels they had sent out to be finished came back unacceptable to them. I'd rather have a product that they approve of than one they just hoped someone wouldn't notice what was wrong with it. She said they should ship out Thursday or Friday of this week. I ordered mine on 3-28.
Link Posted: 4/15/2003 10:23:22 PM EDT
Which length barrels? All of them? I just ordered a 20" kit today. I hope that it's not going to take TOO long... I was hoping to get this project together before I have 5 of my former Marine buddies here for my wedding in two weeks. Guess I should have ordered sooner... :(
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 12:08:47 AM EDT
We are at war and are all at the mercy of surplus as well as the suppliers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 12:17:19 AM EDT
Understood: however, if that's the case, why did I pay for priority shipping? If I was going to have to wait longer than two-three days, I could have stood waiting longer and not had to have paid more for it. It's a matter of money spent. As an aside, my brother-in-law is LogChief for a major unit within 3rd MAW in Kuwait, and they're not buying anything M4/M16 related anymore other than field spare kits that exclude bbl's. Sure, he's not with a Div, but I'm pretty sure they're not too far off base from their sand-humpin' brothers in the field.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 6:31:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/16/2003 11:04:59 AM EDT by Edge767]
SWEET! I just spoke with Jerry this morning, as I had forgotten to mention the fact I am a veteran (they give a 5% discount), and further, I had forgotten to order my kit with a muzzlebreak (since theirs looks like the A2 FS). I found out that they have everything in my kit in stock, and will be shipping it out this morning! WOOHOOOO!!!! Since I ordered priority shipping, I should be able to take mine out this weekend!
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 8:21:16 AM EDT
I've been trying to get them on the phone for a couple days, always busy. No answer to my emails either. Model 1 got my business instead.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 1:05:38 PM EDT
Edge767, I orderd the 20" A3 with detachable carry handle and ended up cancelling. I got one from Sherluk's, they had them in stock.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 1:23:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/16/2003 1:30:43 PM EDT by Edge767]
How is their stuff? Does it compare to all the good I've heard about J&T's quality? The reason I ask is that I just spoke with Dana at J&T, and she said that everything is in stock, and that she'll be shipping my kit out tomorrow afternoon or Friday morning 2nd day UPS air. That seems pretty fair to me, considering I just ordered it yesterday afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 1:47:52 PM EDT
I'll throw my two cents in... I got an A2 kit and a bipod from them in less than 24 hours. I called and ordered around 4pm on a Thursday, package arrived at 9am on Friday. I had a small problem with one of the springs, called and had a replacement a few days later. Im in Knoxville, TN - so that had a little to do with it. That was October last year, before Knob Creek. I remember because the lady that took my order asked me if I wanted to pick it up at the shoot.... and told me it could take a while to ship because they were so busy. Surprised me when it showed up the next morning. Add to that, the kit looks and works great. J&T will get my business again, even if they have some supplier issues... I remember when RRA was having similar supplier issues, its frustrating for both the company and the customers. Jonathan
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 4:06:46 PM EDT
Placed my order online Saturday night, received them today. Four days from the order to receiving them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 4:10:29 PM EDT
From whom? You didn't say if it was from J&T or from some other outfit. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 4:17:21 PM EDT
For what it's worth, here's my take on this issue. I ordered a CAR 16 kit from J&T a week ago Monday. I have since monitored this and other threads regarding the delays, and frustration of recent customers regarding the timeliness of receipt (or lack thereof) of the kits they've ordered. I called J&T yesterday to inquire as to the status of my order. It was explained to me that they had an issue with the quality of the finish of the barrels they were assembling the kits with, and elected to send them back to the contractor for refinishing. Thus, at best, they hoped the barrels would return for assembly by Thursday of this week. I was also informed of the parts issue with respect to the detachable carry handle (another option I had requested). The lady I spoke to on the phone offered to ship the completed upper, sans carry handle, as soon as possible. Anxious to start the building process, I accepted this accomodation.....Personally, this speaks volumes to me about the way this company chooses to do business. It is apparent they take great pride in the quality of their product, thus the decision not to accept the inferior condition of the barrels they received. Certainly they could have chosen to ship these items to their customers as is, and anticipated dealing with a few complaints. Instead (and certainly at the risk of inconveniencing some customers), they elected to maintain a standard many of the contributors to this board have lauded. That's the kind of business I would prefer to spend my money with. So I'll wait it out, and know in the end I've spent as wisely as my dollar will stretch. JMHO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 4:20:34 PM EDT
I agree with you on this, Javelin. That's why I went with J&T regardless of the messages I've seen here detailing delays. It's quality I'm after, not just a bargain-basement deal. Thanks for the insight and wise words.
Link Posted: 4/16/2003 4:43:13 PM EDT
I ordered a 20" Expedition Kit on 4-10 got email telling me they were at Knob Creek. Ordered mags from CIE at same time mags arrived today. Wrong mags ordered USGI used 30 rounders got USA Mags instead THEY WILL hear from me tomorrow, will call J&T tomorrow. I'm a gunsmithing student at Murray State College in Oklahoma, we are poorer than every other kind of student there is(TOOLS and projects) I can't afford inferior products and I don't like inferior service. Freedom is Never Free!
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 12:37:51 PM EDT
Ordered on 4-10 received today,went together like a dream am off to range to try it out!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 5:56:18 PM EDT
I ordered their M4 kit a week ago last Thursday. I had been told the day before that the barrels were at the platers and they would ship out on the following Monday or Tuesday. When I called last Wednesday, I was told the same thing only that I would have to wait another week. So I inquired why it was I was being told the exact same thing as the week before and they had no real response... Well...This morning I receive my kit via FedEx. They must have understood that they were yanking a customer around. I am pleased with the upper, it is immaculate. I think they are a stand up company, simply dealing with a busy market and trying to keep up with the demand. I'll buy from them again! Mike
Link Posted: 4/18/2003 6:15:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/18/2003 6:16:54 PM EDT by Edge767]
I agree that they are busting their humps to make customers happy. I talked to Dana there yesterday, and she verified my order (got the same info from her twice in two days: she was definitely on the ball and telling me the straight scoop) will ship "Friday morning, and be there on Monday." They have been very accomodating, and are considerate of a special need of mine: I have five Marine buddies coming in on Thursday for my wedding which is on Saturday. Friday morning is scheduled range time for us all, and I only have one AR at the moment. There's no way that the six of us could share ONE AR, so I [b]HAD[/b] to buy a second one! [;)] They are making sure it'll be here in time for the Marines to shoot. This is, afterall, a GREAT opportunity for some publicity with my buddies, and if they are pleased/impressed, they'll take their word of mouth back to Camp Pendleton, which can translate into some serious sales for them for those Marines that want their own AR's at home like they have "on the job."
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 4:13:00 PM EDT
I orderd a 20" varmint kit from them today and was told it would be 60 days . The lady said they did not have any 1-10 twist barrels. that sucks
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 4:23:31 PM EDT
I got my kit this morning! [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=157743&page=1]More info here.[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:25:34 AM EDT
Ordered online on a Friday and receiced in Illinois on the following Thursday.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:40:48 PM EDT
ordered 6 days ago, credit card has yet to be charged. Wow 6 days right? I'm like a little kid on christmas! This is my first firearm.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:50:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Edge767: I agree that they are busting their humps to make customers happy. I talked to Dana there yesterday, and she verified my order (got the same info from her twice in two days: she was definitely on the ball and telling me the straight scoop) will ship "Friday morning, and be there on Monday." They have been very accomodating, and are considerate of a special need of mine: I have five Marine buddies coming in on Thursday for my wedding which is on Saturday. Friday morning is scheduled range time for us all, and I only have one AR at the moment. There's no way that the six of us could share ONE AR, so I [b]HAD[/b] to buy a second one! [;)] They are making sure it'll be here in time for the Marines to shoot. This is, afterall, a GREAT opportunity for some publicity with my buddies, and if they are pleased/impressed, they'll take their word of mouth back to Camp Pendleton, which can translate into some serious sales for them for those Marines that want their own AR's at home like they have "on the job."
View Quote
Edge, I have a Bushmaster, OLY, and J&T. I have absolutely no complaints with the J&T. They take great pride in their quality. BTW, Dana is a sweetheart and if she tells you she will expedite it she does.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 2:36:08 PM EDT
Yes, you are right about Dana. [;)] She hooked us up, and the rifle DID arrive in time for us to all have fun with it. So far, the J&T has been performing flawlessly. I'm VERY pleased with it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top