Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 3:18:08 AM EDT
I know POF and Leitner-Wise are making them now. Are there any other companies planning to make standard production piston driven uppers for the AR15/M16 system.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:30:04 AM EDT
[#1]
These folks have been producing these types of weapons long before POF or Leitner......

www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/lr.html, now sold by YHM, but ZM has been around for quite some time.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
These folks have been producing these types of weapons long before POF or Leitner......

www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/lr.html, now sold by YHM, but ZM has been around for quite some time.

Mike

ZM's design does not use a piston.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt has one that they are testing now.  Based on past Colt's designs I would say it stands no chance of reaching production unless RIA approves, and buys them first.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#4]
removed
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:44:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Colt has one that they are testing now.  Based on past Colt's designs I would say it stands no chance of reaching production unless RIA approves, and buys them first.

Colt's gas piston upper goes back 40 years, how different is this one from the original? I have never shot one of the original araks, but a couple of people that I know have and swear they wear the one of the nicest rifles they ever shot.

I don't think it is at all similiar to the 1960's version.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
removed
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Those are pretty cool.

I never new yankee hill made gas piston rifles.  

Are those undivided toprails? Or are they just two pieces fit closely together?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
removed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top