Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2003 10:24:54 PM EDT
Looked high and low, don't see anything regarding magnification.  Anybody have one, or have comments?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I was under the impression that the TriPower TX30 was 1x, like an Aimpoint.

[url=http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=412]Tripower TX30[/url]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

[url=http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=412]Tripower TX30[/url]
View Quote

CJan,

I suspect you're right about the TX30 being 1X.  TriPower "kind of sort of", sounds a little like 3X, so just wanted to make sure.  By the way, My Aimpoint is a 2X (2MOA dot)
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

CJan,

I suspect you're right about the TX30 being 1X.  TriPower "kind of sort of", sounds a little like 3X, so just wanted to make sure.  By the way, My Aimpoint is a 2X (2MOA dot)
View Quote

I don't own one so my knowledge is based purely on what little I've read about it. I was under the impression that the word "tripower" referred to the triple light source-sun/battery/tritium. I could be wrong though [:)]

How do you like your 2x Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
CJan

Aimpoint is good to go, I am happy with it, but I also want an EOtech and an ACOG!  Which one would you get first?  I realize I could buy at least 3 EOtechs for what a TA-31 goes for.  I also like the idea of the compact ACOGs, but don't know if it's better to just get the TA-31, since it's not that much more.  By the way, where in NH are you?  I'm from Maine, just moved out here to Washington 6 months ago.

Best Regards,

Chris
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never tried an EOTech so I know nothing about them aside from the pics I've seen here. One of my shooting buddies let me try his Aimpoint and I think it's a great rig.

I found small local dealer in Somersworth NH who sells ACOGs for only a few bucks over cost, and he is going to get me a TA11D next week.

I'm in Exeter, about 15 miles away from Kittery. Where are you? It would be cool to hook up with a fellow AR freak and put a few [s]hundred[/s] thousand downrange [:D]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#6]
CJan, IM sent
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top