Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2013 4:41:48 PM EDT
I bought a barrel from psa and it wasn't drilled for a fsb and needs to be drilled at the same time as a fresh FSB.

Anyone know where to get one?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Non f marked? Why?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Non f marked? Why?

For slick sided A1 . I'm building a lightweight KISS rifle
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops sorry didn't see the non f marked
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
E-mail the boys at ADCo and see if they can help...
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
you can always buy a clamp on FSB for an easier install, beats the the hell out of having to drill but is considered not as sturdy by some. still would be plenty durable enough though.  The plus side to this is that you can eliminate an cant in your FSB to have your rear sight zeroed on the windage.  check out armalite and fulton armory, they both make clamp on FSBs but i'm not sure if they're F marked or not.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
you can always buy a clamp on FSB for an easier install, beats the the hell out of having to drill but is considered not as sturdy by some. still would be plenty durable enough though.  The plus side to this is that you can eliminate an cant in your FSB to have your rear sight zeroed on the windage.  check out armalite and fulton armory, they both make clamp on FSBs but i'm not sure if they're F marked or not.

Thought about it, but I'm looking for as much strength as possible. Would suck to lose a FSB when I needed it the most
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought about it, but I'm looking for as much strength as possible. Would suck to lose a FSB when I needed it the most

then why are you hacking it down in the first place
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

then why are you hacking it down in the first place

huh?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I bought a barrel from psa and it wasn't drilled for a fsb and needs to be drilled at the same time as a fresh FSB.

Anyone know where to get one?

If it is a virgin barrel, it doesn't matter if the FSB has been previously drilled or not.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#12]

will the .308 work?  is it the same?
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:21:58 AM EDT
[#13]
pretty sure this one is not f height - call them first to verify before ordering: http://jtdistributing.net/store/product210.html

eta: that one is .625 - i assumed you wanted pure a-1
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#14]
My gunsmith said it needed to be virgin, something about the jig and the drilling process.  .750 under the gas block as well
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#15]
if this is not a retro project, get a f-fsb it will work just fine with A1/A2 receiver.
you could fill the F marking later.

I'm quite sure ArmaLite doesnt use F-FSB on their rifles and they sell just the FSB but it's a bit pricey
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top