Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/1/2003 10:37:45 AM EDT
I have a chance to purchase a Olympic Arms AR15 Serial # AA1375 that was purchased as it is several months before the Brady bill went into effect 6 or 7 years ago at the Crossroads of the West Gun Show from a regular dealer. It's Chambered for .45 ACP, 15 inch Floating Tube barrel, 17 round quick release clip, 2 spare .45 uzi clips (need minor modifications to adapt), Sightron Red Dot Scope, Collapsible Stock, Folding Bipod, and Hard Case.
Started to research the gun sites and found this one. I know that the people that participate in forums usually are very knowledgeable and helpful. Thought I would give it a try.
The guy thinks it is worth 2000.00 I don’t know. Can anyone help? Thanks, Domilina Gone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:39:10 AM EDT
Welcome to AR15.com - the FINEST board in all of gundom !! I don't have a clue as to what a preban Olympic chambered in .45 is worth. [b]Any time someone mentions "need minor modifications to adapt" I RUN !![/b] Those things you call "clips" - I suspect those are magazines as we haven't used clips much since the Garand. $2000 for this deal ?? Not from me but others may have different ideas. If this is your first AR type weapon you might consider something a little more mainstream like a .223 or 5.56.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 12:28:11 PM EDT
D, It isn't worth 2k. I have been playing with a Oly 45 cal for awhile. It is fun, but I certainly wouldn't go 2k fun. I think the dealer will find that this rifle is going to sit on a shelf for a long time at that price. It is an expensive rifle to shoot unless you are getting your 45 ammo free. A regular AR15 in .223/ 5.56 is much cheaper to buy, much easier to get parts for, and much cheaper to shoot. I bought my preban Oly AR15 last year for $750, and it had only been fired at the factory. I've built a few postban Oly AR15s for about $500 each.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:24:31 PM EDT
Never thought about buying one until this one was offered to me, appreciate your advise. Domalina Gone
Top Top