Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:02:56 PM EDT
Greetings,

I'm about to build my first AR and I was wondering if there is a good reference book, or web site, that explains the whole process.

Thanks,

Dave.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:07:55 PM EDT
it has been a while, but in the information section i think there are diagrams and few books. i just reread feamster's "black magic - the ultra accurate ar 15 rifle" and still like it.

if i knew of a book that contained as much good information as this site, i'd buy it.

-septic tank
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:22:22 PM EDT
Why buy a book, there are lots of places right here on this board that have outstanding reading and pictures for a build.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:46:13 PM EDT
Well, I have seen a lot of good info here. I basically want an AR that I know inside and out. I'm very concerned about safety and, especially, the state of the world right now. I'm involved with a group that provides education on Radical Islam. It's not the happiest topic these days.

Anyway, didn't mean to go "off topic." It's just that what I want in an AR is the best in reliability and serviceability. In other words, if the S#*T hits the fan today, I want to know that I have an AR that I can rely on and that I can find parts for and repair myself.

Is that an achievable goal? Anyone else think this way, or is it just me?

Dave.
Top Top