Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2003 3:45:41 PM EDT
I've been reading ARFCOM for awhile now and I don't know if this question has been asked.
Anybody own a complete DPMS AR out there?
I've seen people talk about R/R's, Oly's, Bushy's and the like...upper this and lower that. Anyone own a DPMS AR????
Mine is a DPMS CAR HBAR and I really love it.
I shot Colts in the Air Force.
Just curious...any other satified DPMS owners?
TheDR.........It's SAT nite....
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
i have one, a complete dpms light weight carbine. then i have a dpms a2 that wasnt complet, but the lower and upper are bothe dpms, but they were got at two sperate times for cost. they are a little more accrate than my bush master, but not as nice as my colt. i cant complaine baout them the both funxtion great. Ronald
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I only have their LR 308. It's worked out fine so far. I would try one of their 223 rifles if I needed another 223.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a left handed DPMS 20" stainless steel ar15, and it shoots great....
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Panther Bull 24 Special. I've owned my rifle for about 3 years now and love it. I have a Colt 6601 too, but take my DPMS to the range more than the Colt.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My first AR was a Panther Bull 16...shot great, just not the configuration I was looking for at the time, and decided to sell to get a preban.  It was a fine rifle for it's purpose, very accurate and I'm thinking about getting a 24 inch bull upper again.  The only thing I didn't like about it was the magwell was a little tight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a DPMS "Panther Lite" except it was built on a forged lower.  It's a beaut and everything I wanted as I wanted the light barrel and the A1 sights.

My first was a Bushy 20" HBar but it was just too heavy for my liking.

Not really my first as I had an SP1 back in 79/80 when I was in college but had to sell it.  I remember how light that was and the DPMS feels the same.

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:08:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell ya!  I have a DPMS Lo-Pro Classic w/ EoTech and FIRSH.  I'll go up against my buddy with his Colt/Aimpoint anyday.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a DPMS M4 w/A1 upper, and I love it.  Trigger pull is a little heavier than some, but has a nice clean break to it.  Upper and lower have a nice snug fit, and it has run flawlessly thus far.  It is more accurate than me, but I don't bench shoot with it either.

One thing- the upper and lower are a dark black while most of the small parts and front sight tower are a lighter "panzer gray."  Personally, I really dig the contrasting look of it (kinda like chrome on a nice car) but some people prefer their Evil Black Rifle to be, well, all black!

We need a forum for all the folks who own DPMS, RRA, and Oly Arms rifles...we could call it "No Chrome Here!" [;D]

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:05:26 AM EDT
[#9]
M4 flat-top. Good fit between upper and lower. Good finish. Did the 15 Minute Trigger Job so not the pull's a tad less. Not smoother though.
I like my DMPS and would buy one again, that is if they didn't take six months to ship it to me like they did the last time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#10]
A2 Classic 20" HBAR since last November.

Very happy with it, works as advertised, very accurate, great fit and finish, reasonable price, no quirks, handles both .223 and 5.56 ammo. Had short cycling problems at first which they fixed quickly, no issues since.

I would take it into combat if I had to.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a DPMS Classic Sixteen. Awesome rifle. Would I buy another DPMS rifle? YES.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 DPMS's  a lite 16, 20'A3 and 24" Panther deluxe bull.      

They all work great
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a custom DPMS 24" Panther Deluxe Bull and a DPMS 20" National Match.  Both are tack drivers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a DPMS A22 - their complete .22lr and it rocks. I customized it, turning down its bullbarrel for better balance and installed JARD trigger.

Great piece.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:35:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a DPMS 16" flat top bull with a leupold 2x7 on a Mega lower, Untill I get the rra fcg it's a single shot due to a bad fcg but my Daughter can get .650 groups at a hundred yds all day long where all I can do is .8 :)
The fit, finish and color match is perfect!
Seems like the kid won't let me have it back and it's her coyote rig for now, but I did talk her out of that Pink furniture thank god.
Hard to go wrong with most the rifles on the market now adays, they are all quality rifles from the major manufactorers and it just comes down to whose name you like best and price at times.

Greg
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 5:16:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a Classic 16 and I have no complaints about it
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I've got a DPMS 16" free float that I've had no problems with.  Over the weekend at our informal NE Ohio ARFcom get together, I saw two new DPMS rifles that were pretty pathetic excuses for rifles.  The first was a 7.62x39 rifle.  There was something wrong with the buffer/spring combination (probably too light) that caused the bolt to cycle too fast and not pick up the next round.  We swapped it with a Bushy lower and it ran fine.  Put the Bushy upper on the DPMS lower and the Bushy starting having cycling problems.  Not too hard to fix, but it took awhile to diagnose and took the fun out of the day.

The other was a DPMS .308.  The mag well was VERY tight and it required two people to take the magazine out of the gun.  You could see scratch/gouge marks along the front and rear edges of the magazine.  

Seems like QC has been slipping on their new stuff.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I also have the DPMS .308, and based on that, wouldn't hesitate to recommend DPMS.  The fit, finish, and function of this rifle are all first rate.  No problems with the mags; they're snug, but it's certainly no trouble getting them in or out.  

I think the finish is the nicest AR finish I've seen, and really like their firing pin retaining pin...it's solid, not a stupid cotter pin.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I have a complete DPMS M4 that I bought from [url=www.cmmginc.com]CMMG[/url] and it's one of the best shooting ARs that I own.  My buddy who only owns pre-bans was extremely impressed with it too.  Mine does have chrome lining in the bore and chamber along with 1/7 twist, M4 feed ramps and Cav Comp brake.  Fit and finish on it is better than my Bushmaster.  The only down side to it is that it has a cast front sight but since I don't use it as a hammer or pry bar I don't really care.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top